Class of 2021 . . . how ya doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm really bad with that. That's so bad. I usually try to go for a joke but still nope.
"Uhhhh... ok... hi. I'm Cdo and I like to party. Also I'm deaf"

We have a picnic/ tailgate thing set up for one of the nights by the lake with faculty the day orientation starts but idk... early socialization doesn't seem like a fun idea. :rofl:

Hi Cdo. My name is Finn and I cry about cute dogs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's something else you like... No, love to do. I just can't remember at the moment. It's on the tip of my tongue.

When you remember, let me know, cause I'm lost.

Reactions: 1 users
Lol skiing is for coordinated people, of which I am not! I'll stick with the hunting for now.

Oh, wait, is that what you meant? ;)
Hunting???? But HOW can you be a vet and love to hunt?????111!!??? Don't you care about animals?!?1?1?1?1?

Reactions: 2 users
Hunting???? But HOW can you be a vet and love to hunt?????111!!??? Don't you care about animals?!?1?1?1?1?

I'm getting prepared for that to be a consistent question for the rest of my life. It's especially entertaining when someone eating chicken or beef asks me that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol skiing is for coordinated people, of which I am not! I'll stick with the hunting for now.

Oh, wait, is that what you meant? ;)

Awe, you ruined my joke. I was going to milk this one for all it was going to be worth. Lol. Oh well.

Reactions: 1 user
Home from eurotrip and now I have to pack up to move for vet school...where did the summer go. There needs to be another month before school starts.

It's okay! You don't suck. Lol.

Don't think he was being sincere bats ;)

Oooooh I do that too.

Hi Finn, my name is Cdo and I like to get drunk and cry about Jayna's Winston. :laugh:
Hi Cdo, my name is Finn and I would probably just start bawling if Winston got within 10 feet of me.
I had a dream last night about Winston.

In this dream, Jayna & Winston showed up to my church and I jokingly "kidnapped" Winston (just held him and went around the corner). And as Jayna was calling back for me, I got transported to a South Africa with my car and Winston. So for some reason planes didn't exist and I had to drive Winston and I home from South Africa (up Africa to Cairo, Cairo through Jordan & Syria to Russia, ferry from Russia to Alaska, Alaska all the way down to Oklahoma). It took several months, but we made it home safe and Jayna was *pissed* at me. As soon as we got home, she grabbed Winston and yelled at me until I woke up.

I'm really bad with that. That's so bad. I usually try to go for a joke but still nope.
"Uhhhh... ok... hi. I'm Cdo and I like to party. Also I'm deaf"

We have a picnic/ tailgate thing set up for one of the nights by the lake with faculty the day orientation starts but idk... early socialization doesn't seem like a fun idea. :rofl:
Exactly my thought! I've been internally dreading/panicking about it since we got the email. Ew, socialization.

That sounds awesome. I doubt we have anything like that because our orientation is all inside, but I'm sure there's team building exercises!

You get to play a lot of very awkward games that involve people standing in a circle and people getting stuck in the middle for various reasons. Orientation is a lot of long days, but it really is great for meeting new people and they usually feed you really yummy food. I still remember orientation lunches being awesome.

You get to play a lot of very awkward games that involve people standing in a circle and people getting stuck in the middle for various reasons. Orientation is a lot of long days, but it really is great for meeting new people and they usually feed you really yummy food. I still remember orientation lunches being awesome.
IMG_3150.GIF

Oh I'm glad they feed us! I wasn't sure on that one!

And yay, I'm already meeting new people (who turns out I actually already knew). @Emily Faith and I are bonding over mutual apprehension about IRL socializing. :laugh:

When you playing WW again

I'm jealous! They only fed us a lot of crappy pizza.

@singhb09 can prob confirm too tbh
Actually I think I remember hearing y'all got HyVee pizza at your pizza party, and they were late so it was extra not-warm, or something. Regardless, K-State is not known for providing quality pizza. :laugh:

I like cold pizza with ranch

I'm a simple man really

Actually I think I remember hearing y'all got HyVee pizza at your pizza party, and they were late so it was extra not-warm, or something. Regardless, K-State is not known for providing quality pizza. :laugh:
I have no idea. But I do know it was not that warm but it wasn't like cold out of the fridge pizza. That kinds fine. But lukewarm is...less than ideal...

When I interviewed at K-state in 2014, they didn't order enough. My mom and I were ~15 minutes late and there was none.

I got a message from one of my mom's friends that I haven't heard from in a while and I got excited.:D

And then it was like "hey Cdo do you think you could give us a tour of OSU and answer all these questions about vet med? My niece wants to go to OSU for UG/ vet school and she'd love to get the insider's opinion." :yeahright:

Reactions: 2 users
When I interviewed at K-state in 2014, they didn't order enough. My mom and I were ~15 minutes late and there was none.
Oh no! :( I'm pretty sure when I applied I had to RSVP to the pizza party and say how many guests I was bringing.

I got a message from one of my mom's friends that I haven't heard from in a while and I got excited.:D

And then it was like "hey Cdo do you think you could give us a tour of OSU and answer all these questions about vet med? My niece wants to go to OSU for UG/ vet school and she'd love to get the insider's opinion." :yeahright:
Lol, that's a big fat nope, she can go through the admissions office like everyone else. :p (Although personally I'd still answer her questions, but it is annoying when people you haven't talked to in ages only want your advice on getting into vet school)

Oh no! :( I'm pretty sure when I applied I had to RSVP to the pizza party and say how many guests I was bringing.

Lol, that's a big fat nope, she can go through the admissions office like everyone else. :p (Although personally I'd still answer her questions, but it is annoying when people you haven't talked to in ages only want your advice on getting into vet school)
exactly, exactly. I'd answer questions but like. Ugh. She's my mom's close friend so it's whatever

And I'd want that tour on my paycheck!!

Tbh I really liked giving tours. I showed quite a few people around the school unofficially. Prevets and applicants in general are usually so happily enthusiastic. :love:

I loved tours...like Trilt said the enthusiasm was nice. And the $8/hr was a nice bonus. I was known as the 'lengthy' tour guide among admissions staff...a usual tour lasted about 45 minutes, but I could easily stretch them to an hour and fifteen or so. They knew basically not to expect my groups back for at least an hour.

What the hell, other schools pay their tour guides?!?!

Looks like I've given my last free tour!

:laugh: Aww, poor Teep! We get paid $8/hr too, although I didn't know that when I applied to be an ambassador, so I'd do it either way. But that being said I'd totally show around a friend on my own time, but yeah, if someone I barely know asks for a tour I'm going to tell them to schedule it through admissions so I can get paid for it.

Tours during interview weekends are my favorite because they're generally the most interested, I've given several tours this summer to pre-vets that were in high school (or even younger) where their parents asked almost all the questions.

I loved tours...like Trilt said the enthusiasm was nice. And the $8/hr was a nice bonus. I was known as the 'lengthy' tour guide among admissions staff...a usual tour lasted about 45 minutes, but I could easily stretch them to an hour and fifteen or so. They knew basically not to expect my groups back for at least an hour.

Tours are my favorite.... I also always manage to take forever too. Eager pre-vets are such a good reminder when I'm suffering through the school work.

Ours didn't start getting paid until this last year. But we're paid $20/hour, so this summer being the only ambassador was awesome