* Class of 2020 Status *

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry I'm a little late to the game here!

Date OptomCAS submitted: 2/15/16 for ICO, 3/11/16 for NECO and ICO
Date verified: 2/15/16
OAT Scores: 370 AA/380 TS
GPA: 3.223
Extracurriculars: VP of fraternity, campus safety organization, orientation leader, various jobs throughout school, 25 hours of shadowing
Schools applied: NECO, ICO, PCO
Interviews extended/date: PCO (3/14), NECO (3/15), ICO (3/22)
Interviews accepted: NECO (3/28), PCO (4/1), ICO (4/12 - cancelled)
Interviews declined:
Rejections/date:
Acceptance/date:
NECO (4/5), PCO (4/8)

I'm shipping up to Boston, aka NECO!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS submitted: Feb 22 2016
Date verified: Feb 24
OAT Scores: AA 390 TS 400
GPA: 3.31
Schools applied: SCCO, NECO, ICO (3)
Interviews extended/date: SCCO, NECO, ICO (3)
Interviews accepted: SCCO, NECO, ICO (3)
Interviews declined: none
Rejections/date: none
Acceptance/date: NECO, ICO, SCCO (waitlisted at first, accepted in april)
Extracurriculars:
fraternity, music club, student government, medical optometric mission in Ghana, Africa, started working at lenscrafters around the same time I was applying (february 2016)

I'll be attending SCCO :)

I was wondering how the scholarship package was for your respective schools, particularly UHCO?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering how the scholarship package was for your respective schools, particularly UHCO?
any SUNY packages, salus or New England?
also anyone going to the Salus Accelerated 3 year program

If you don't mind me asking, what was your science or pre-requisite GPA? I am very similar to your situation but wanted to know if variance in GPA's would have a large effect as I am a student applying this summer.

Hi, I'm sorry I just saw this. My pre-requisite GPA was around 3.20 - I can't remember the exact number. It depends on why your GPA is low. With respect to the classes I did not so good in, I did well on the corresponding OAT section. Also, my GPA showed an upward trend over the years, so it helped explain that I have better study habits now.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Hello everyone on this thread, I just have a question as a Canadian Applicant in next year's cycle

I graduated with my Bsc already but I need one more English course to fulfill prereq requirements. Must all prereqs be completed before application or before admission?

Hello everyone on this thread, I just have a question as a Canadian Applicant in next year's cycle

I graduated with my Bsc already but I need one more English course to fulfill prereq requirements. Must all prereqs be completed before application or before admission?

You would have to have all prereqs done before matriculation.

You would have to have all prereqs done before matriculation.
just to clarify, even if i'm not finished the prereq course, will I still get an acceptance on the condition that I finish them before the start of the school year?

How this GPA calculated? I am wondering if you have repeated class how to calculate it.

Please stop spamming every thread.

OptomCAS FAQ

Read first. And your son should be asking these questions, not you.
What is wrong in gathering awareness in process in educating your children. There are many children not achieving full potential or waste time in gap year as they do not have from parents. My kids appreciate my help.