Class of 2020 - HPSP Scholarship Applicants (Navy/Army/Air Force)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone that boarded for the navy on August 1st received the stipend or even the edu action account from BUMED?

My money came in this morning. Strange date but perhaps they had to clear the bank info since it was the first payment.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys
Anyone knows if the board is going to have more meeting regarding this cycle? Or it is already full for this cycle?

Hi guys
Anyone knows if the board is going to have more meeting regarding this cycle? Or it is already full for this cycle?
nvm just reply myself, and update some info for ppl who are still waiting in OML
My recruiter told me that all 4 years program are filled....
not sure about the 3 year one

Members don't see this ad :)
My money came in this morning. Strange date but perhaps they had to clear the bank info since it was the first payment.
Damn I'm jealous.. I still haven't received mine. Do you know of a number/ email i should use to contact them about it?

Has anyone heard any results about the 3 year air force HPSP for this august board?

For 2020 grads

The scholarships for the ones that pay this fall were long gone lol
K I was just asking for rolling over from the OML of 4 years to 3 year… I used to think that the application 3year program start during D1year

Sent from my Nexus 5 using SDN mobile

I am also still waiting for the 3yr program for Navy as I applied late for March Board. My recruiter recently informed me about my status and gave me this general information. Hope this helps for some folks in the same boat as me. My recruiter said we should hear about the 3yr program scholarships sometime mid septmeber.

(I guess this is for recruiters but he just forwarded to me)
1. If your DC HPSP or HSCP applicant is an alternate for FY-16 - I will begin notifying recruiters/applicants to offer FY-17 quotas in mid-September. This will allow any required items for FINSEL to be turned in and processed before the new FY begins.
2. NRC cannot release where an applicant is on the alternate list, we simply notify and offer a quota going down the list of alternates when/if a quota becomes available.
3. FY-17 DC 3-year HSCP or HPSP - these programs DO NOT open for applications. These programs' quotas are filled with alternates from the previous FY. I have received several emails inquiring as to whether a student who starts dental school this fall or has already completed one year of dental school can apply for a 3 year opportunity. Unfortunately, these programs will not be opened for applications and I recommend discussing Direct Accession options with these students for when they graduate.

Offered 4 yr scholarship this afternoon...just as late as the offer from dental school

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Were you on the waitlist for 3 year though?
nah I was on Waiting list for 4 years since July, almost give up on it. I am actually asking profs for the updated ROL for applying the 3year one. Luckly got the call this afternoon. This is the same as my school offer…I was almost finishing the package for the new cycle, and then got the call from school one weekend before orientation…

Is the recent news affecting anyone decision to enter the armed forces?
Made this claim nearly a year ago.
Looks like I was right.

People are chickening out of accepting their scholarship offers.

Good news for folks on OML

What are you talking about?
Instability in Middle East was what I was insinuating

But who knows what predents are thinking. Less people accepting scholarship definitely seems like to be the case despite rising tuition (over 20 people denied their army scholarships)

Instability in Middle East was what I was insinuating

But who knows what predents are thinking. Less people accepting scholarship definitely seems like to be the case despite rising tuition (over 20 people denied their army scholarships)

I denied mine in favor of the Navy.

Any reason why people are denying their military scholarships other than Trump might be president? I was offered the Navy 4 year scholarship (was on the waitlist). I accepted, and am waiting for further instructions from my recruiter.

Any reason why people are denying their military scholarships other than Trump might be president? I was offered the Navy 4 year scholarship (was on the waitlist). I accepted, and am waiting for further instructions from my recruiter.

Congratulations! I have a few classmates still trying to get the scholarship. A few have joked around with me about the election, so it could be on some people's minds.

Just got off of the Army HPSP waitlist yesterday (applied this July) in case anyone's still anxiously waiting.

A few of my classmates that applied the 2020 cycle were offered Navy scholarships recently.

Either people are scared of Hillary (let's be real. writing is on the wall at this point) or people aren't giving up spots. Rather, the U.S is ramping up big time in personnel in anticipation for WAR

A few of my classmates that applied the 2020 cycle were offered Navy scholarships recently.

I also had a classmate be accepted into the Navy program for the 2020 cycle. Does anyone know or have been told for when the board will meet up for the Air Force?

I also had a classmate be accepted into the Navy program for the 2020 cycle. Does anyone know or have been told for when the board will meet up for the Air Force?

For C/O 2021, it already met in August.

Do you guys know if joining the Reserves would help for HPSP?

No you cannot have an Active Reserve Appointment and be in the HPSP. The reason is simple. All HPSP students are a member of a different type of Reserve that does not assign them to a unit and therefore, their unit cannot be "called up" dragging the student out of school.

Any reason why people are denying their military scholarships other than Trump might be president?

The reasons vary from my parents talked me out of it, or I got a new girl/boyfriend, I found a different scholarship/way to pay, to I talked to an active duty dentist and he said not to take the scholarship. During my tenure working for and with the Army AMEDD, I never once have I heard or seen someone say that they didn't join because of Regan, Bush senior, Clinton, Bush W. (although the war breaking out had some decline) or Obama.

My classmates are in serious relationships and that is their reason for not hopping aboard. Not once have they mentioned the future President.

For C/O 2021, it already met in August.
Thank you! do you know if that applies to medical as well as dental? I am a first year medical student who applied for the three-year program and was told they would hold the first meeting in October.

Thank you! do you know if that applies to medical as well as dental? I am a first year medical student who applied for the three-year program and was told they would hold the first meeting in October.

Check out the military medicine forums for details on that. This board was for Dental Corps.

Send me a PM

Reactions: 1 user
Hello all, from the pharmacy world! I was recently selected for the Air Force's 3-year pharmacy HPSP, and I just scheduled MEPS for later this month. I was wondering, how long after MEPS did it take for you to get sworn in and your benefits to start? Is MEPS pretty much all you have to do after being selected, until you get sworn in? I'm assuming it works the same despite the different medical fields.

Either people are scared of Hillary (let's be real. writing is on the wall at this point) or people aren't giving up spots. Rather, the U.S is ramping up big time in personnel in anticipation for WAR

Perhaps you were right, but on the contrary. My classmates whom received or were thinking of applying for the HPSP are now skeptical due to the Trump victory.

My classmates whom received or were thinking of applying for the HPSP are now skeptical due to the Trump victory.

Interesting.

On my end, nothing has changed- I will happily accept a commission in our military if I receive the awesome opportunity to do so.

Reactions: 2 users
Interesting.

On my end, nothing has changed- I will happily accept a commission in our military if I receive the awesome opportunity to do so.

I think it separates the people who WANT to serve versus those who want the scholarship.

How would Trump's victory affect HPSP?

It didn't affect it at all for me. I want to serve in our military regardless so I'm still pursuing the HPSP.

Last edited:
Ooops misread. Local news kept displaying his agenda's and one them was reducing federal spending

You are right- he does want to reduce federal spending. However, he is exempting the military from the cuts.

Last edited:
It may surprise you to know that opinion polls have consistently shown that military servicemembers favor Trump over Hillary by a landslide.

Shut the hell up about politics. Your username (unlike these civilian applicants) has a DoD symbol (Navy) assoc with it, you can't talk politics in any shape or form.

Last edited:
Shut the hell up about politics. Your username (unlike these civilian applicants) has a DoD symbol (Navy) assoc with it, you can't talk politics in any shape or form.

Your understanding of the rules is flawed.

You cannot publically endorse a candidate. You can discuss politics even if identifiable as an ADSM as long as you disclaim that the views are personal only.

My post only points out polls that are published in the mass media, particularly ones in the various Military Times pubs. It is not an endorsement. You can talk about candidates, issues, and the election. You can talk about polls. You cannot persuade or urge people to vote one way or the other.

As long as you have the disclaimer, it's fine to discuss politics.

Last edited: