Class of 2020... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Made a 97 on my GI phys test after just reading through all the PowerPoint slides a couple of times yesterday... for the other tests I re-listened to the lectures, made study guides, and studied for days before. Never again :rofl:
For me this is like the Inverse Law of Effort.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Tonight's procrastination efforts included starting to train for a 5K.

I hate running. But I ran farther tonight than I've ever run in my life. If nothing else, Agents of Disease will be good for my health (ironically).

Reactions: 8 users
One class of seven done and out of the way. We were given the option to do an oral presentation in lieu of a final exam in animal welfare, so I finished that class today.

I've got a pretty strict final exam study regimen for the next two weeks... hopefully I can stick to it and it pays off. Especially in anatomy. I'm really on the edge academically. I should be able to finish with at least a B- in everything else, though, which is a massive improvement over last semester. I just have to pass anatomy...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One class of seven done and out of the way. We were given the option to do an oral presentation in lieu of a final exam in animal welfare, so I finished that class today.

I've got a pretty strict final exam study regimen for the next two weeks... hopefully I can stick to it and it pays off. Especially in anatomy. I'm really on the edge academically. I should be able to finish with at least a B- in everything else, though, which is a massive improvement over last semester. I just have to pass anatomy...
You can do it. I think a lot of the trouble that comes from anatomy is the actual low confidence levels during the exam. Study it, and know you can work your way to the right answer on the exam. I feel so bad how many times I see the right answer scratched out and the wrong put in while grading.

Reactions: 1 users
That moment you think you got about 75% on the midterm and then you get a 61%. Good thing it's only 25% of our grade. -_-

Can't concentrate in parasitology. So tired....:sleep::sleep::sleep:

My alarm didn't go off this morning so I missed all of my classes today :(
good lord, how long did you sleep?

or did you only have a few morning classes?

good lord, how long did you sleep?

or did you only have a few morning classes?
I only have one morning class today. I woke up about an hour into it (it's a 2.5-3 hour class depending on the day) and just called the whole thing a wash and hid in my bed for a few more hours.

I was having a really hard time falling asleep last night and didn't look at my phone when it told me how much longer I had until my alarm went off because I knew it would just stress me out more. If I had looked I would have noticed I accidentally set it for PM instead of AM. :/

You've got this, @SandstormDVM !! Will be thinking of you tomorrow.

I find with anatomy tests, if I don't know what I'm looking at, if I can find a landmark and work my way over to the tagged structure, I can usually figure it out - but it's hard to keep from panicking when you don't know it right away. I get it. You can do this!

Reactions: 1 user
We're in the single digits now... just 8 more days...

I don't normally ask for this sort of thing, but I could definitely use some positive thoughts and good juju for tomorrow. We've got our final anatomy practical and as thrilled as I am to (hopefully) never have stick my head and hands into a formalin drenched horse ever again after, I really, really need to do well on this test. I've been attending the tutoring sessions more and it seems to have helped, but I said that for this last test---one that I actually felt pretty good about---and I got basically the same score as I did on the first test that I crammed one day for.

I've gotten practically the exact same D grade on every single test, despite spending more time studying both in lab and at home, tutoring, changing up study methods... I just don't know why I keep doing so poorly. Even the professor wasn't much help as he basically told me that I clearly either am not spending enough time or I'm doing something wrong (obviously; I just don't know what that thing is).

Ugh. During our tutoring sessions, our tutor has us do little "oral quizzes" where we point out everything on a part of the animal and explain how everything works together (insertions/origins, innervations, supplies, etc.). I've been doing actually very well on those, so I am hoping that I can pull this off. The bad news is that I need a near perfect score to earn a C. The good news is that I can still technically pass with a D and since I'm doing fine in my other classes, it hopefully shouldn't hurt the GPA *too* terribly badly.

But I am still so, so nervous. So afraid that I'm going to screw up this one last chance. I am borderline grade-wise, so if I mess this up too badly, I'm done. Just trying to breathe, keep calm, and study on...
:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:
Good juju vibes ACTIVATED! YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

We're in the single digits now... just 8 more days...

I don't normally ask for this sort of thing, but I could definitely use some positive thoughts and good juju for tomorrow. We've got our final anatomy practical and as thrilled as I am to (hopefully) never have stick my head and hands into a formalin drenched horse ever again after, I really, really need to do well on this test. I've been attending the tutoring sessions more and it seems to have helped, but I said that for this last test---one that I actually felt pretty good about---and I got basically the same score as I did on the first test that I crammed one day for.

I've gotten practically the exact same D grade on every single test, despite spending more time studying both in lab and at home, tutoring, changing up study methods... I just don't know why I keep doing so poorly. Even the professor wasn't much help as he basically told me that I clearly either am not spending enough time or I'm doing something wrong (obviously; I just don't know what that thing is).

Ugh. During our tutoring sessions, our tutor has us do little "oral quizzes" where we point out everything on a part of the animal and explain how everything works together (insertions/origins, innervations, supplies, etc.). I've been doing actually very well on those, so I am hoping that I can pull this off. The bad news is that I need a near perfect score to earn a C. The good news is that I can still technically pass with a D and since I'm doing fine in my other classes, it hopefully shouldn't hurt the GPA *too* terribly badly.

But I am still so, so nervous. So afraid that I'm going to screw up this one last chance. I am borderline grade-wise, so if I mess this up too badly, I'm done. Just trying to breathe, keep calm, and study on...
You've got this Sandy! I'll be sending you all the good vibes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have three classes where I have an 89-91 and I should so care about kicking butt on these finals to get the A, but I have zero motivation.

I have three classes where I have an 89-91 and I should so care about kicking butt on these finals to get the A, but I have zero motivation.
I feel this so much right now. Best of luck!

Samsies. Lol. Sitting at a 72% overall right now.
My only goal: graduate.

I'll do my best, but whatever happens between here and there was done with 80-100% effort (cause sometimes that GAF tank is bone dry) and I'm fine with that. No point in stressing over stuff when I know I gave it whatever amount of effort I had to give, or not give, at the time. Hell I didn't even think I'd make it this far :laugh:

What are we at @WildZoo ? 10ish days until freedom??

I'll do my best, but whatever happens between here and there was done with 80-100% effort (cause sometimes that GAF tank is bone dry) and I'm fine with that. No point in stressing over stuff when I know I gave it whatever amount of effort I had to give, or not give, at the time. Hell I didn't even think I'd make it this far :laugh:

I feel this too. I'm not going to destroy myself for an A. I like them videogames too much for that.

Though I'm vaguely jealous of the plethora of scholarship pictures from yesterday. But most were IS, so there's that....

Just have to make it through to Friday and I'm done and (hopefully) will be a VM2. Scary. :eek:

6 more tests to go. Our written anatomy final is tomorrow and immuno is on Tuesday. I guess at least I'm getting the worst ones out of the way early.

9 days ;)

This is so real. :laugh:

Or maybe not, since it didn't show up...

XyQ7wg.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Well, that pretty much explains that.

God-awful class. Just not made penetrable. And the explanations were the sort of thing that just made it more and more confusing.

I found him to be really great to be with on clinics, though.

Is it safe to assume that his portion of SAM will be as painful as renal phys was?

DONE WITH YEAR 1.

its-over-its-ixown6.jpg

I'm exhausted.

I bought myself not one, but two souffles from Panera, I am going to consume said souffles, and then nap for approximately 17 years.

Reactions: 16 users
Last day of classes!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats, @Cephal0pod! You're 1/4th a DVM! Enjoy your summer! :highfive::claps:

4/8 finals completed here, so we're at about the halfway point now. So far it hasn't been as terrible as I anticipated... sans the obvious lack of sleep---I've been awake since 4 AM yesterday and I almost nodded off during the immuno final today hahaha. Tomorrow's 2 finals aren't as bad (anatomic path and case study) so I'm probably going to take a decent nap in a bit before I start cramming for those. I'm far more worried about neuro on Thursday and histo on Friday.
Get some sleep Sandy!

Reactions: 4 users
Don't give up hope yet Sandy! Put the exam out of your mind until you get the grade back. Focus on studying for the rest of your exams (and don't forget to take a break here and there and get sleep too). Rooting for you <3

Haha, thank you! I wouldn't be so antsy about it but our grade in the class is literally just the midterm, final, and the best 6 scores of our weekly quizzes (which comes out to be like... 24 points? Maybe?).

I wonder if the professors will accept my brain fart answer of "medial fasciculus tract" for the medial longitudinal fasciculus... probably not. :laugh:
Partial credit? :laugh: Our anatomy professor was really nice on our final and since each question was worth 4 points he gave partial credit on some of em. Which is great for me because I definitely put "metatarsal" in the name of something that was on a thoracic limb, and various other dumb things like that :hilarious:

You guys are done so early! We're not out until May 26th. 21 days and 19 hours to go, but who's counting?

It is SHOCKING to me that a year has gone by already. This time last year I was beyond excited to start school. Now I'm...quite content taking a break :p

Reactions: 3 users
You guys are done so early! We're not out until May 26th. 21 days and 19 hours to go, but who's counting?

It is SHOCKING to me that a year has gone by already. This time last year I was beyond excited to start school. Now I'm...quite content taking a break :p
4 more exams to go ! :(:bang::diebanana:

Last edited:
3 more exams...just 3 more exams...
This semester has been rough from a motivation standpoint. Just can't seem to find it. Hoping I'll be able to next semester because things just get more difficult.

Had my last day of classes today. Just gotta get through three exams and two finals in the next five days and I can call it quits for the year.

I'M DONE! :D

And we got professor confirmation that no one failed anatomy! I am just on cloud nine right now and I've never been happier to pass a class in my life, omg.

Reactions: 39 users