Class of 2019...how ya doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brightimpressio

PennWe V'19!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So this is a little bit premature but I figured I'd get it started anyway! Congrats to everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Ohhh heyyyy! Beyond happy for everyone! Can't wait to start this year :D

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
A little overeager are we? :p

SO EXCITED!!!!!

Altough I got in this year (yay :D) I dont graduate until 2021. Stupid australian degrees hehe.
Hope I can join this thread until the Class of 2021 thread starts rolling.

I'm a bit curious on how the system works in America.

Do you guys start towards the end of the year or beginning of the year?
And so if you're in C/O of 2019 does that mean you start in beginning of 2015, and do 2015- graduating at end of 2019?

Or am I totally on the wrong track here?

And so if you're in C/O of 2019 does that mean you start in beginning of 2015, and do 2015- graduating at end of 2019?

Most will matriculate in August 2015 sometime, and will graduate around May of 2019.

Most will matriculate in August 2015 sometime, and will graduate around May of 2019.

Oh okay that makes a lot more sense, thanks for clearing that up!

The academic year in America begins in the late summer/early fall (August/September, though earlier at some schools). So, this class will start "Fall 2015". Most schools have either a semester or quarter system where classes end late spring. So the class of 2019 will graduate right around May 2019.

The academic year in America begins in the late summer/early fall (August/September, though earlier at some schools). So, this class will start "Fall 2015". Most schools have either a semester or quarter system where classes end late spring. So the class of 2019 will graduate right around May 2019.

Thanks for the info, so not too different from Australia as I thought it would be :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the info, so not too different from Australia as I thought it would be :)

Are you just out of high school? I thought Australia skips the whole undergraduate thing and goes straight to vet school :p

Are you just out of high school? I thought Australia skips the whole undergraduate thing and goes straight to vet school :p

Yeah I am :)
Of course the amount of years and curriculum set up is quite different, the matriculating and graduating dates are similar which is what I was wondering about.

Congrats to all of you!

Oh and:

gPBuAgl.gif

In all seriousness, congrats, and vet school goes by faster than you think it will... :)

Reactions: 13 users
Haha that's an awesome video :)
I got my email while being in the shopping mall, so was quite hard for me to have to contain the massive excitement and euphoria.

Ohai guise :D. And DVMD, does that mean that all the vet schools will be warm always? :D

Reactions: 1 users
I love this thread. :D

Reactions: 2 users
am I the only one who still can't believe this is actually happening? we've been working for this for so long and now we've gotten into vet school and are going to be vets one day!!

Reactions: 9 users
So excited I can actually post in this thread!! We're gonna be vets guys!!

Reactions: 6 users
am I the only one who still can't believe this is actually happening? we've been working for this for so long and now we've gotten into vet school and are going to be vets one day!!

Haha yeah I sometimes check my email when a notification pops up to check for my acceptance or rejection email even though I've already gotten in :confused:
Guess it wont really sink in until we've all started classes, which I can't wait for!

I keep rereading my acceptance email to make sure i didn't dream it up or read it wrong :oops:

Reactions: 11 users
I keep rereading my acceptance email to make sure i didn't dream it up or read it wrong :oops:

Funny story... I had a dream last night (after my Mississippi acceptance) that I was at an interview day for what I think, in my dream, was meant to be an international vet school. Well, I'm wandering around, can't figure out the name of the vet school, can't remember even applying there in the first place, and totally mystified as to how I got an interview.

Sooo... I'm freaking out because I don't want to look like an idiot when they call me in. I actually had a moment where I'm looking around outside at the campus (which was somehow a mountainous yet desert yet beach yet forest setting) thinking... huh I wonder if this is a dream. Nope, no way, this is real life right now. Weirdest lucid moment I've ever had while asleep.

Anyway, the dream ends with me staying way after the interviews have been over and the people in the office are like... aren't you going to go home now? And I'm just like... I can't find my car. Then I wake up and realize, oh wait, I did get into vet school.

Analysis anyone? :p

Funny story... I had a dream last night (after my Mississippi acceptance) that I was at an interview day for what I think, in my dream, was meant to be an international vet school. Well, I'm wandering around, can't figure out the name of the vet school, can't remember even applying there in the first place, and totally mystified as to how I got an interview.

Sooo... I'm freaking out because I don't want to look like an idiot when they call me in. I actually had a moment where I'm looking around outside at the campus (which was somehow a mountainous yet desert yet beach yet forest setting) thinking... huh I wonder if this is a dream. Nope, no way, this is real life right now. Weirdest lucid moment I've ever had while asleep.

Anyway, the dream ends with me staying way after the interviews have been over and the people in the office are like... aren't you going to go home now? And I'm just like... I can't find my car. Then I wake up and realize, oh wait, I did get into vet school.

You cray

Reactions: 4 users

I want to go to this vet school that is in the mountains, desert, beach and forest... where is it?

Print it!! It's much more real that way :) I'm still in shock, though....

Reactions: 4 users
Orientation week starts next week, should be fun! :)
Understand you guys have a while to go till school officially starts?

That's exciting :D most of us won't be starting until late August or early September.

Thats good, means Ill be able to get a head start on the 2 years Ill be behind everyone else in this thread :happy:

Woooooooooo!!! We did it. WE DID IT.

Reactions: 5 users
It hasn't sunken in for me yet. I think once like...class schedules come out and choosing electives (my first year! yay!) occur I'm going to realize I'm going to be a vet. Now I'm still in full time work mode.

I just sent in my seat acceptance! Is this real life?! I know I will be so hating my life when 1st year starts but I'm kind of hoping August gets here sooner rather than later.

It hasn't sunken in for me yet. I think once like...class schedules come out and choosing electives (my first year! yay!) occur I'm going to realize I'm going to be a vet. Now I'm still in full time work mode.
For me, the feeling hasn't really gone away, and I'm deep into my first year of vet school. Talking to several classmates, it seems to be a rather common feeling actually (Along with impostor syndrome). At this point I think might realize I'm finally going to be a vet a day before I graduate :p

Reactions: 7 users
For me, the feeling hasn't really gone away, and I'm deep into my first year of vet school. Talking to several classmates, it seems to be a rather common feeling actually (Along with impostor syndrome). At this point I think might realize I'm finally going to be a vet a day before I graduate :p

I think that is how I will be. I wasn't the type that cried when I got vet school acceptances cause it's not real for me yet!

We don't actually have to do work anymore until vet school; right?! Right?!

I am quite over writing essays at this point lol...
I wish it worked that way
I wish I had said screw it to my lit minor and graduated last semester

I wish it worked that way
I wish I had said screw it to my lit minor and graduated last semester

I "could" have graduated last semester too. Doing work for classes that don't matter for my degree or for vet school is a major struggle.