BOTH Class of 2018 Study Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ortnakas

DO
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A lot of us loved our study thread for Step 1, so why not recreate it for Step 2?

I know we won't be thinking hardcore about USMLE/COMLEX until next spring/summer, but figured we could use this for strategizing now, and for shelf exams too.

Paging: @W19 @gobigorgohome22 @Entadus @Ibn Alnafis MD @AlgernonMed @TheShaker @Mad Jack @NontradCA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Took the damn test today. Wish I hadn't.

Qs were the same length as UW qs. Few were longer. 50% of the concepts tested weren't in UW or NBMEs. I guessed more than I answered confidently.

It will be a long wait.

I didn't feel great after mine either, but I know that everyone feels that way afterwards so didn't think much of the post test feeling. Trust your UWSAs. Congrats on being done!

Reactions: 1 users
Took the damn test today. Wish I hadn't.

Qs were the same length as UW qs. Few were longer. 50% of the concepts tested weren't in UW or NBMEs. I guessed more than I answered confidently.

It will be a long wait.

That's how you felt last year and then you rocked it. It almost always goes better than it feels!

Remind me I said that after this coming Thursday.

Reactions: 2 users
That's how you felt last year and then you rocked it. It almost always goes better than it feels!

Remind me I said that after this coming Thursday.
IDK. this time it feels much worse. I'm not going to bitch much about it. I'll be patient. Hopefully my score comes out in 3 weeks instead of 4.

Best wishes to you

Members don't see this ad :)
Done and done. I got my score this morning. I'm relatively satisfied (for an IMG?). Echoing previous test takers, trust your self assessment scores, UWSAs in particular. This thread was a good resource so thank you all for your words of encouragement and I wish you all the best :)

Last edited:
I'm pleased since my step 1 is a 250. Really wanted a 260+ but oh well. I didn't study as hard for this one as step 1.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
So that was rough. Can somebody give me my "trust your UWSA score and probably it feels worse than it was" speech back at me please?

Trust your UWSA score. Probably feels worse than it was :p

But seriously, trust your UWSA. I didn't feel great after mine but purposely chose not to dwell on it because everyone feels bad after. I'm sure you killed it!

So that was rough. Can somebody give me my "trust your UWSA score and probably it feels worse than it was" speech back at me please?

Myself and Ibn had similar test experiences. I felt like 90% of the test was UW on hard mode when I took it. I thought I would run into easy blocks or at least easy questions at some point. I never got there. The entirety of the test was insanely rare things or asking which of these super rare complications is the MOST common complication. Needless to say, I felt like crap after the exam. I, like MelMcT2009, chose to ignore how I felt and just enjoyed that I was done. To be fair, I had to finish up my COMLEX PE the next week then started an away rotation, so I didn't really have time to dwell. Enjoy being done, and trust your practice tests! ;) My score was higher than any of my practice tests. UWSA 1 was closest. There is hope!

COMLEX CE = ✅

Haven't decided if it actually felt all right or if it just felt all right in comparison to USMLE CK. Either way, done with three exams in two months and it's beer-and-Netflix time!

Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I kinda miss this thread. Can we do it again for Step/Level 3 when we're all interns?!

Also good luck to everyone who hasn't taken it yet... and to I think everyone in this thread who's doing ERAS this year!

Took UWSA2 today. Boy, that was tough. Two blocks of 82% and two of 62%. Score 247. Hell, I'll take it.

Summary:
NBMEs 4&6 are both in the low 230s
UWSA 1 is 253
UWSA 2 is 247
Free 120 is 85%
Average of all assessments is ~241. I'll be happy with this score.

Exam in 2 days

A little closure and to help out those who haven't taken the test yet.

I ended up with 245.

Very content with the score. Seems that UWSA-2 was the most predictive. From reviewing people's posts, most score on the real thing within 5 points of their UWSA's average.

I say this because if you are like me, you'll walk out of the exam feeling like you failed. Like literally failed. Then you will come and post on SDN about it. You'll keep whining and throwing tantrums until your score is released.

However, deep inside you, you should know that your score will be similar to your UWSA-2. There's no way one would fail and their UWSA-2 is average.

Reactions: 1 user
From reviewing people's posts, most score on the real thing within 5 points of their UWSA's average.

I say this because if you are like me, you'll walk out of the exam feeling like you failed. Like literally failed. Then you will come and post on SDN about it. You'll keep whining and throwing tantrums until your score is released.

This x1000.

Felt like I failed. Ended up with a respectable if not quite average 235. My UWSA 2 score was 241 and I can't find my UWSA 1 score, but it was low 230s, so I got about the average of the two. My COMLEX 2 was in the low 600s. Morale of the story: don't panic or make any life decisions based on post-test feelings. Also cheers, we're done!

Have you heard back yet or is it September 15th for you as well?

I have a few interview invites so far-- we submit July 15 and some programs do review that early, but others operate pretty much on the MD timeline even though they could choose to start earlier (a program director I told me this morning that he opened ERAS for the first time yesterday)

Reactions: 1 user