Citing Publications in AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John Scotty

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Having a bit of difficulty fitting the word requirements to site these two publications in AMCAS. Should I just put et al. after the first author?

I also want to say that I presented at the Undergraduate Research Symposium, want to make this section as concise as possible.

Any suggestions?

Psychology Research Publications – Lab – Summer Medical Center

Presented at the Undergraduate Research Symposium - Spring 2014

Publication #1: Dr. Johnson------ Int J Drug Policy.-----

Publication #2: Dr. Fred ------- Addict Behav. -----

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You may want to change these to fake pubs in order to maintain anonymity.

Having a bit of difficulty fitting the word requirements to site these two publications in AMCAS. Should I just put et al. after the first author?

I also want to say that I presented at the Undergraduate Research Symposium, want to make this section as concise as possible.

Any suggestions?

Psychology Research Publications – YYY Medical Center

Presented at the Undergraduate Research Symposium - Spring 20xx (examples deleted)
You can truncate the author list as you said, and add your place in the lineup. You can shorten the title. You could add a PubMed ID#.

After the paper whose data was presented locally, you may add, "Data also presented at .., date, etc." Or instead, you can mention the presentation in the affiliated Research space.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome guys. I'll do as you guys suggested. Though being published on a paper with so many authors might not be that interesting to adcoms hopefully they find it somewhat unique.

Thanks guys!

Yes

@Catalystik may be best to answer this

You may want to change these to fake pubs in order to maintain anonymity.

You can truncate the author list as you said, and add your place in the lineup. You can shorten the title. You could add a PubMed ID#.

After the paper whose data was presented locally, you may add, "Data also presented at .., date, etc." Or instead, you can mention the presentation in the affiliated Research space.

Any chance you guys can delete the "quoting" of my message so that I can do as Dr Dr said and protect anonymity? Thank you so much in advance.

Also, though this might make it longer, I always add the pubmed id if it is indexed on pubmed for convenience.

Reactions: 1 user