CHSU tuition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heoway1990

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how much for the tuition academic year 2017-2018 of CHSU? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
way too much. go to a well-established public school or you'll be in debt till you're old

Does anyone know how much for the tuition academic year 2017-2018 of CHSU? Thank you!

Hello heoway1990! We are happy to report that our detailed 2017-2018 tuition information is now posted on our website at CHSU.ORG > Students > Prospective Students. Our tuition is remarkably competitive with both private and public colleges of pharmacy in California. In addition, the low cost of living in Clovis, CA makes our overall cost of attendance extremely affordable. I invite you to explore CHSU.ORG and feel free to reach out to us directly at [email protected]. We would love to answer any questions and provide any assistance needed!

Members don't see this ad :)
From a perspective of a professional, I find the students at CHSU to complain and extremely unprofessional. Many of these students, some, have no experience in the pharmacy field whatsoever, others seemed uninterested or lack thereof. I'm warning u that pharmacy is not just about the money but the work. Please be aware that professional of the community are monitoring behaviors for future employment so have the students learn more about professional. Thank you.

$45k for the first year? Darn scam. You can go out of state for a better public program with cheaper prices. I suggest doing that.

Wow...another pharmacy school in California? How many we have now? I remember when I started pharmacy school, we only had 5 schools back 2003.

You can't even get federal loans with this school so higher rates and you are not going to qualify for income based repayment (your loans can't be forgiven). All private loans....looking at 300 k when all is done.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Hello heoway1990! We are happy to report that our detailed 2017-2018 tuition information is now posted on our website at CHSU.ORG > Students > Prospective Students. Our tuition is remarkably competitive with both private and public colleges of pharmacy in California. In addition, the low cost of living in Clovis, CA makes our overall cost of attendance extremely affordable. I invite you to explore CHSU.ORG and feel free to reach out to us directly at [email protected]. We would love to answer any questions and provide any assistance needed!

You are talking about rural Clovis, not coastal Malibu. Just because you are located in the middle of nowhere in California, doesn't mean you get to charge California rates.

You can't even get federal loans with this school so higher rates and you are not going to qualify for income based repayment (your loans can't be forgiven). All private loans....looking at 300 k when all is done.

I am sure there are still people who won't care how much and still want to attend. There is a sucker born every minute.

The tuition at CHSU is pretty much the same compared to other private programs. The only two that are cheaper are UCSF and UCSD and good luck getting in there. I am going to CHSU and they offered a nice grant and scholarship. I am fortunate and very blessed to have the opportunity to start the program in August. They are in their last stages of being accredited and I am confident that this will happen. Until then only private loans are available and when they are accredited FAFSA can also be used. Having lived 8 years in Los Angeles and being from the Central Valley. The COLA (Cost of Living) in Clovis is very affordable. I weighed my options and financially speaking CHSU is worth it. Academically speaking their faculty is qualified and knowledgeable. On a lighter note everyone will tell you NO go to a traditional program that is accredited. I received grants, scholarships, and various forms of assistance. I am going to pharmacy school debt free! Lets see anyone beat that!

From a perspective of a professional, I find the students at CHSU to complain and extremely unprofessional. Many of these students, some, have no experience in the pharmacy field whatsoever, others seemed uninterested or lack thereof. I'm warning u that pharmacy is not just about the money but the work. Please be aware that professional of the community are monitoring behaviors for future employment so have the students learn more about professional. Thank you.
You are exactly right on. The students are following the examples set forth by faculty and staff. Many in the medical community disagree with chsu while others go a long with it.

You are exactly right on. The students are following the examples set forth by faculty and staff. Many in the medical community disagree with chsu while others go a long with it.

This is the quality of students you get when the only qualification they have is being able to borrow $250k+ in private student loans.