Child fellowship UW, seattle vs WU, St louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Haldol Lorazepam

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, which one of the above is regarded better for CAP fellowship? Also, location wise? Which city has a better life style? TIA

Members don't see this ad.

They're both great programs. I'm obviously biased in favor of WashU (St. Louis), but everybody here is very happy with their decision to come. I love St. Louis - it's a relaxed environment and everything is cheap/close, so it's actually practical to do stuff.

Reactions: 1 users
Seattle is also a very cool place to live. Not to counter shan564's fondness for St. L.

Members don't see this ad :)
UW is probably regarded as a better program by most with a very strong children's hospital, but nothing shabby at WashU at all. WashU has a better overall institute name which may matter depending on what you want to do in CAP.

Sea is a much cooler city to live in than St. Louis. It depends on what you are looking for though. If you want cool/trendy/hipster/tech stuff than Sea is definitely where it's at. COL is definitely higher in Sea though as it is a very desirable city to young professionals while St. Louis is very affordable and still has enough that you would not be bored to tears for 2 years.

Pssh, don't fall for the trap! The Pacific Northwest is a rainy wasteland for like 9 months out of the year! :) The summer here is pretty awesome, but man, 7-9 months of straight rain and clouds got to me more than I thought it would.

I'm confused, which one of the above is regarded better for CAP fellowship? Also, location wise? Which city has a better life style? TIA

I don't think there is a consensus on one of these being better than the other. Anne Glowinski is the program director at WUSTL and an absolute rockstar who makes delicious croissant's. That counts for a lot in my view.

Reactions: 1 user
Pssh, don't fall for the trap! The Pacific Northwest is a rainy wasteland for like 9 months out of the year! :) The summer here is pretty awesome, but man, 7-9 months of straight rain and clouds got to me more than I thought it would.

Sounds good to me! Better fishing....

The Boeing air museum in Seattle is great. Lots of WWI planes and a P-38. Probably only second to the Smithsonian Air and Space.

I don't think there is a consensus on one of these being better than the other. Anne Glowinski is the program director at WUSTL and an absolute rockstar who makes delicious croissant's. That counts for a lot in my view.

Yes! I have no intention or interest in child, but I rotated in her clinic for 6 months and had a lot of fun! She's also one of the premier child psych epidemiologists and an expert in suicide- very clear thinker and superstar academic physician. She is also very pro resident and a stellar teacher.
We also have legends in John Constantino and Joan Luby. John Pruett does cutting edge autism rs-fc MRi, and Kelly Botteron does some high power neuroimaging work as well. There are some up and coming younger faculty as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're both great programs. I'm obviously biased in favor of WashU (St. Louis), but everybody here is very happy with their decision to come. I love St. Louis - it's a relaxed environment and everything is cheap/close, so it's actually practical to do stuff.
Couldn't find much info on the program's website. How's the pay like? Any moonlighting opportunitie? Also do u guys have case managers& sw helping with the non clinical stuff such as insurance pre-auth, referrals etc?
Cheers