Position Wanted Chief resident position internal medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj_doc

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a pgy3 in an internal medicine program and am very interested in doing chief year. The chief resident positions were filled in pgy2 at my institute, which I think is the norm at most institutes. I was wondering if anyone knows of any chief year positions being available for next year. Would appreciate the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi I am a pgy3 in an internal medicine program and am very interested in doing chief year. The chief resident positions were filled in pgy2 at my institute, which I think is the norm at most institutes. I was wondering if anyone knows of any chief year positions being available for next year. Would appreciate the help!
How could anyone be qualified to do a chief year at a residency program different than their own??? Why would you even want to do this??

Reactions: 1 users
Huh? There's always 4th year Chief spots open at different places. Not sure why that's so surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Okay, you're right, probably some opportunities in private community hospital programs. I was thinking academic. Still wondering about the WHY. I found this on THE GOOGLE:
Internal Medicine 4th Year Chief Resident
Company Name
HCA The Healthcare Company
Job LocationBrooksville, FL, US
Participates in research and scholarly activities Oak Hill Hospital seeking an Internal Medicine Chief Resident for the 2018-2019 academic year. www.adzuna.com
  • Be one of the first 10 applicants