Program-Specific Info / Q's Chicago State University MOT help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DISCOURAGEDstudent

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Are there any students who attend chicago state university or has graduated from their program? It's hard to find information that wasn't 4 years ago, and I would like to know what your experience was like?

I haven't found much of anything except a couple nasty reviews.

Any info would help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi!

Are there any students who attend chicago state university or has graduated from their program? It's hard to find information that wasn't 4 years ago, and I would like to know what your experience was like?

I haven't found much of anything except a couple nasty reviews.

Any info would help!

I applied last year and I had the same issue myself! I'll give you my experience applying though (I actually just made this account to respond to your q just bc my experience with them was so bad and you should hear it before spending all that time on an application that isn't affiliated with otcas) I sent my application in around December/January and as you probably know they aren't on OTCAS which means you have to manually mail out the entire application and the transcripts. They hadn't gotten back to me for a while so i reached out and called which is when they informed me they never received a transcript from one of the schools i attended. So i called the school which said they had sent it but I thought there must've been some mistake and just decided to send it again. After waiting a while again, I called and they said they hadn't received my transcript from the other school i attended. They also said they sent it so i can only assume this is a problem with chicago state given how terrible their service was in terms of getting back to me about all these issues. After resending that transcript and going back and forth with CSU i finally got an interview which went really well but i didn't get a spot nonetheless. I think they honestly just interviewed me to appease me because of all the time i had spent calling and following up on my application because at this point it was like may that i had my interview. I wouldn't waste my time if i were you i don't know if applying this early makes a big difference or what the case may be but they just seem to be really unorganized and the reviews from years back seem to confirm that. Its also kinda annoying because you have to get letters sent directly to otcas for schools using it but since csu isn't on there you'd have to ask your instructors/pts/ots to send the letters to csu as well and because i asked a lot of my best references for csu i'd feel like a nuisance bothering them for another one for otcas