Chicago State University College of Pharmacy Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmD_Sam

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Forum specific for those applying this cycle. Feel free to share stats, experiences, invites, acceptances, seek advice and more.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank for opening a threat for Chicago State College of pharmacy. I submitted my application on pharmcas on Oct 4 2014. Still waiting for pharmacas to calculate my GPA. have not submitted my supplemental yet? When did you apply? did you submit your supplemental?

Just got an interview for Dec 19. Please can someone help me with the interview questions? Thank you.
So far, i have not seen people on this threat? Why? Come and join us if you are applying to Chicago State University.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed the first day of interviews, December 1st. The overall process was unorganized. The interview was "closed file" so they had no idea who you are, but asked irrelevant questions instead of questions to get to know you. Be able to lie about pointless "life experience" , stories which they think are imperative, and you'll do fine.

Im gettin an interview in 2 days any insight is helpful

I had my interview on dec 1st and it was fine. the staff were very friendly and helpful. They explained every step of the process and answered many questions. As for the interview, just be your self and also be professional. I received my acceptance E-mail yesterday, so it was not very long. good luck to everyone!!

I got interview there on December 15 and i was put in a waiting list. I thought i did well on the interview, but I don't understand why got on waiting list. I have a gpa of 3.8 and a pcat of 57 on my composite. I have finish all the requirement. Anyway, I got interview for UIC in jan 13 2015.
Those who got accepted would you like to share your stats such GPA, PCat, INstate or Outsate, Volunteer.
I have another question Did you know someone who get accepted in Both Chicago State and UIC?

Hello everyone im new to this forum! I also have an interview on jan. And I am freaking out! Please help me with some interview questions samples! I would appreciate it! Thanks

I applied here as we'll.

Sent supp app- 1/5
Received email stating file is under review today.

Hopefully I get in! How long did it take everyone else to recieve notice of an interview invite after receiving the email that the file is under review?? Thanks!

Did they have the writing part? If so, what are they?
I have my interview soon, please help

I had my interview on dec 1st and it was fine. the staff were very friendly and helpful. They explained every step of the process and answered many questions. As for the interview, just be your self and also be professional. I received my acceptance E-mail yesterday, so it was not very long. good luck to everyone!!

How many questions did they ask you? Was there a writing part too?

Hi all! I was accepted to one college and have interview invites at 4 other Pharmacy colleges.. I interviewed at 2 colleges just waiting on their decision. I applied to Chicago State 2 months ago but just submitted my supplemental one week ago hoping to get an interview there soon because Chicago State is just awesome for being accredited & the cheapest out of all the schools I applied to. Could someone please tell me the interview questions?

Thanks,

Just received an interview invite for February 27! So excited. Anyone have any tips or information on the interviews for here?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted ... but im concerned about the area.. does anyone know if it is safe or where are the good places to live? Im coming from FL btw! Please I appreciate any help

Reactions: 1 user
I got accepted ... but im concerned about the area.. does anyone know if it is safe or where are the good places to live? Im coming from FL btw! Please I appreciate any help
How was the interview? Any tips u could give us? Congrats on being accepted!

Depends on how close you would like to be/if you have a car to commute. I live in the south suburbs. Plan on remaining here. I wouldn't live in the most of the area surrounding the school, theres a few quiet blocks just south of the school between 99th & 103rd and sandwiched between MLK and cottage grove. Outside of that little area tho I can't recommend. I stayed on campus my first undergrad semester & it was fine no problems walking on campus at night or to/from my car. They do have state police on campus too so that helps. And all parking being paid cuts down on unnecessary traffic thru the grounds. If u can live a little further away tho evergreen park is a great area, it's west of the school, about a 15 minute drive. Any other questions I'd be happy to help as much as possible :) do you mind giving your stats? cGPA, sGPA, pcat score? Also when was your interview and how soon after did you get notified of acceptance? Thanks!

How as the interview? Any tips u could give us? Congrats on being accepted!

hairhero5 post: 16158422 said:
Depends on how close you would like to be/if you have a car to commute. I live in the south suburbs. Plan on remaining here. I wouldn't live in the most of the area surrounding the school, theres a few quiet blocks just south of the school between 99th & 103rd and sandwiched between MLK and cottage grove. Outside of that little area tho I can't recommend. I stayed on campus my first undergrad semester & it was fine no problems walking on campus at night or to/from my car. They do have state police on campus too so that helps. And all parking being paid cuts down on unnecessary traffic thru the grounds. If u can live a little further away tho evergreen park is a great area, it's west of the school, about a 15 minute drive. Any other questions I'd be happy to help as much as possible :) do you mind giving your stats? cGPA, sGPA, pcat score? Also when was your interview and how soon after did you get notified of acceptance? Thanks!

Well the interview is very relax, they are super nice ... very generic questions! Why pharmacy? What would you solve stressful situations.. no worries just be yourself.
My stats are: science 3.5, general 3.3, pcat 78. My Interview was jan. 24 and i got my acceptance email on feb. 5.. so not too long!... i was wondering how is the on-campus housing? Im really worry about not finding a good place.. im coming from FL so i wont have a car. I think the best thing is to be on campus!

Well the interview is very relax, they are super nice ... very generic questions! Why pharmacy? What would you solve stressful situations.. no worries just be yourself.
My stats are: science 3.5, general 3.3, pcat 78. My Interview was jan. 24 and i got my acceptance email on feb. 5.. so not too long!... i was wondering how is the on-campus housing? Im really worry about not finding a good place.. im coming from FL so i wont have a car. I think the best thing is to be on campus!
I lived in on campus housing more than 5 years ago so keep that in mind as u read my reply but their dorms are fairly new & huge compared to most other schools I've seen, they have doubles and singles, 2 doubles share a bathroom that adjoins the rooms. The doubles room had 2 beds, 2 desks, mini fridge with freezer and a microwave if I remember correctly. I never had problems with noise or anything like that & they have like conference/study rooms plus laundry facility on site. And thanks for the additional information.

I lived in on campus housing more than 5 years ago so keep that in mind as u read my reply but their dorms are fairly new & huge compared to most other schools I've seen, they have doubles and singles, 2 doubles share a bathroom that adjoins the rooms. The doubles room had 2 beds, 2 desks, mini fridge with freezer and a microwave if I remember correctly. I never had problems with noise or anything like that & they have like conference/study rooms plus laundry facility on site. And thanks for the additional information.
Thanks for the Info. I think I will probably stay the first year on campus just to get to know the area... good luck with the interview. .. ohh btw there is an essay part. .. an easy qt about yourself... no worries.... I had 3 interviews already and the one on CSU was the best I had... loved the place and the staff!! good luck! ;-)

I just got accepted and will be attending in august. I will most likley be looking for an apartment in Hyde Park and am looking for roommates. Is anyone interested? This is a very good and safe neighborhood

Thanks for the Info. I think I will probably stay the first year on campus just to get to know the area... good luck with the interview. .. ohh btw there is an essay part. .. an easy qt about yourself... no worries.... I had 3 interviews already and the one on CSU was the best I had... loved the place and the staff!! good luck! ;-)

When I interviewed at CSU some students told me not to even bother with the housing. Food is crap and for the money you are paying you can get a way better deal when looking for an apartment. I think the best route is to live off campus but very close. Some P1 students said they lived in Hyde Park. My sister lives there so I know it is a very good neighborhood. I would exhaust all other options before resorting to living on campus housing

I just got accepted and will be attending in august. I will most likley be looking for an apartment in Hyde Park and am looking for roommates. Is anyone interested? This is a very good and safe neighborhood
When did u interview?

Yes but I'm not from chicago I don't know anyone. . And also I wont have a car!! At least the first year.. just in case.. how much is an apartment in Hyde park??

Yes but I'm not from chicago I don't know anyone. . And also I wont have a car!! At least the first year.. just in case.. how much is an apartment in Hyde park??

I was looking at apartments in hyde park and I would say prices can range from 1300-2000 for 2-3 bedrooms. Ideally I would want to live with 2 other P1 students so that we can all help each other out. If you were my roomie.. dont worry about transportation because I already have a car. We are pretty much in all the same classes anyway so carpooling would not be a problem.

Yea it was 2 weeks exactly
hey Congrats! i have my interview on Feb 27th. can you tell me what kind of questions do they ask and what things did you like about the school? Thanks.

Does anyone that attends Chicago State University have any advice to give future attending p1's?

Any P1's looking to sell their books contact me please

If you have books to sell contact me as well please

I am lookong for someone to room with in hyde park! So if anyone is available please message me :)

I am lookong for someone to room with in hyde park! So if anyone is available please message me :)
hello I have an interview there on monday and I was wondering if there is anything that you guys could tell me. Also if you are getting an apartment i may be interested if i get in.

My advice would be to stay relaxed, be yourself, and be hinest with your answers ( they can tell when you are lying and will not like it):)

And yeah that'd be great just message me when you get in!!

Good luck!:)

Somebody should make a Facebook page for all accepted for class of 2019

Reactions: 1 users
My advice would be to stay relaxed, be yourself, and be hinest with your answers ( they can tell when you are lying and will not like it):)

And yeah that'd be great just message me when you get in!!

Good luck!:)

Thank you and do you know how much tuition is?

Thank you and do you know how much tuition is?
I have no idea about in-state because I am out of state but mine is around 35,000 and from what i was told at the interview after a semester if you show proof of residence in the state of Illinois ( so an electric bill or something like that) you get your tuition changes to in state

I have no idea about in-state because I am out of state but mine is around 35,000 and from what i was told at the interview after a semester if you show proof of residence in the state of Illinois ( so an electric bill or something like that) you get your tuition changes to in state
oh so it is 35,000 for the pharmacy school then? also yea I am out of state too

Hello Everyone. I am going to make a facebook page for CSU-COP Class of 2019. I'll post the link when I am done.