Chest Abstract

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HelpPleaseMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know when CHEST notifies us of submitted abstracts? Wanted to know if they'd notify us before fellowship apps.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last year I was notified on July 10th. I'm guessing it will be mid-July this year as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year I was notified on July 10th. I'm guessing it will be mid-July this year as well.

i hope so. would like to have abstract accepted prior to app submission if possible

edit: came out 7/13/2016

Last edited:
I don't mean to hijack the thread but I had a quick question. I submitted a manuscript to Chest and they asked for several revisions before they could further consider the manuscript. Does anyone know if this is usually a positive sign that they are considering the manuscript for publication, or if this is very common? Thanks.

I don't mean to hijack the thread but I had a quick question. I submitted a manuscript to Chest and they asked for several revisions before they could further consider the manuscript. Does anyone know if this is usually a positive sign that they are considering the manuscript for publication, or if this is very common? Thanks.
Every manuscript to every journal requires revisions.

That's a very good sign. When you submit an article for consideration, you'll get one of three responses:

1) Thanks but no thanks. May come directly from an editor if there's no shot. May come with comments from reviewers if it makes it that far.
2) This doesn't fit our format, please revise and resubmit (this is usually sent by a secretary or something along those lines - not actually reviewers)
3) Revise and resubmit, we will consider it at that point. This is as close to an acceptance as you can get. You should be thrilled if you get a revise and resubmit.

I have once gotten a "we'll accept this paper after you address these topics." That was kind of shocking to read and I wouldn't expect it.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the helpful comment! Chest was a bit of a long shot, so I'm glad that this means there is some hope. The revisions are pretty hefty, so I'd hate to sink time into it with no chance of getting accepted!