Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPT___1991

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I will be applying for the 2017-2018 application cycle, and I wanted to get some opinions on my stats.

cGPA:3.6
pGPA-3.5 (I will have 1st semester physics in progress in the fall, and second semester physics in progress in the spring during the application process)
GRE: V155 Q156 AWA4.0
Experience: 1500 hours Ortho 60 hours Inpatient Acute

I have also worked as an Athletic Trainer for the past year and a half if that gives me an edge in the competition.

*Also, one thing that is making me stress out is that a couple of my prereqs are old. The oldest prereqs that I have are anatomy and statistics from Spring 2011. I feel like that makes my options incredibly limited. I want to stay in California, but if I have to leave the state to pursue the degree, then I'm open to that.

Members don't see this ad.

You should be able to get in. I was accepted with fairly similar stats. Just make sure you get good recommendation letters, spend some time on your essays, and prepare for interviews. Make sure you apply early! Also do some research on the schools you are applying to, some schools only accept coursework within the past 5-7 years. Worst case scenario you might have to retake a couple classes, but I would contact the schools you want to apply to first. Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hello, I will be applying for the 2017-2018 application cycle, and I wanted to get some opinions on my stats.

cGPA:3.6
pGPA-3.5 (I will have 1st semester physics in progress in the fall, and second semester physics in progress in the spring during the application process)
GRE: V155 Q156 AWA4.0
Experience: 1500 hours Ortho 60 hours Inpatient Acute

I have also worked as an Athletic Trainer for the past year and a half if that gives me an edge in the competition.

*Also, one thing that is making me stress out is that a couple of my prereqs are old. The oldest prereqs that I have are anatomy and statistics from Spring 2011. I feel like that makes my options incredibly limited. I want to stay in California, but if I have to leave the state to pursue the degree, then I'm open to that.
your states look good, first of all check the schools requirements and make sure your A&P falls within the acceptable time limit, also try to diversify your hours, try to get some in a SNF and peds setting, so it makes you look well rounded. Also spend alot of time on that essay, I believe i spent about a month on mine, just having people read and re-read it and doing 100s of edits.

All in all your application package looks pretty good.