Chances?

aaa16797

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are my chances to get into these schools, and is there any way to improve my curriculum vitae for college apps?

Johns Hopkins
University of Michigan Ann Arbor
Stanford
Brown University

SAT: 1510
ACT:35
GPA: 3.98
SAT II: Math II (800), BIO M (800)
AP: 5s on all the following: Micro, Gov, Calc BC, English Language, Chem, Bio, and Physics C Mechanics.
Income Bracket: 110k-120k
Race: Asian (India, born there)
Recs: Good but not glowing

Essays: Interesting topics but im too biased to judge quality

Extracurriculars: Biology Olympiad (captain for a year), Math Olympiad (captain for a year), Science Olympiad (captain for two years), Marching Band (section leader for two years)

Achievments: Biology Olympiad Semifinalist, MMPC Part I high scorer, Science Olympiad placement (various medals, wont list them all) at regionals and state competitions, and Marching Band BOA Grand Nationals 3 time semi-finalist

Work/volunteer/vocational experience: I have tutored as a volunteer service for about 200 hours, but then started a tutoring business halfway through Junior year with some friends, helped with MathCounts program at CCA for three years, helped with the band program at cca for 2 years, participated in the Junior Robotic Surgery Challenge, took PLTW courses throughout high school

Senior Course Rigor (including both semesters):
Dual Enrollment Intro to C++
Dual Enrollment Calc III AND intro to diffeq
Dual Enrollment Organic Chem I
AP MACRO
STEM Engineering Capstone Course
Chinese IV
Independent study Physics/ Bio

Hooks:
Can speak and write Chinese, speak Gujurati, and can understand Hindi and Urdu

Started a tutoring business that actually ended up being more successful than I planned

Can play both the trombone and euphonium/baritone, along with trumpet
I guess time management might look impressive cuz Marching band takes up at max 72 hours per week in the summer, and during the school year runs about 20 hours per week until mid november. Also marched in the Rose Bowl Parade

I was also wondering if being Indian would be harmful to college apps. I was born in india but only stayed for 2 months, at which I came to the US.

Members don't see this ad.

Michigan you're in, for sure.

Brown tends to like the more liberal artsy, unique/odd people. I think that's the least likely of this list.

Hopkins on the other hand gobbles up high scoring aspiring premeds with strong science ECs. Odds solid here.

Stanford you can't really predict for anybody, it's common for people to apply to all of HYPSM and get into only one seemingly at random (or none despite having the numbers and great ECs).

What other schools are you planning on applying to?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Michigan you're in, for sure.

Brown tends to like the more liberal artsy, unique/odd people. I think that's the least likely of this list.

Hopkins on the other hand gobbles up high scoring aspiring premeds with strong science ECs. Odds solid here.

Stanford you can't really predict for anybody, it's common for people to apply to all of HYPSM and get into only one seemingly at random (or none despite having the numbers and great ECs).

What other schools are you planning on applying to?
Im looking at schools based off of their prestige in biophysics and engineering and liberal acceptance of dual enrollment credits, which is why my list is so limited

Surely you don't intend to apply to only those?

What's the importance of duel enrollment to you, are you planning to try and graduate a year early?

Also, I don't think Brown is considered tippy top in bioengi. It's also rare to see premedical students majoring in engineering, because it makes it even more insanely difficult to make the necessary grades.

Im not planning to do premed. Im planning to double major in biomedical engineering and biophysics and dual endollment will help me get a year off so I can spend more time working towards degree.

I want to go into research.