This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laughinguppy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
sGPA: 3.23 cGPA: 3.42 grad GPA: 3.76 MCAT: 499
Undergrad: Biomedical engineering
Graduate: Master's in Integrative Medicine
100+ hours shadowing DO
50+ hours shadowing MD
70+ hours shadowing ND
150+ hours volunteering in hospital
lot's of community service experience (soup kitchens, etc.)
1000+ hours working at pharmaceutical company
240+ hours in non-clinical laboratory research setting
200+ hours in non-clinical laboratory research setting
REALLY strong letters from my undergrad & grad pre-med advisors, and osteopathic physician.

I am looking to apply to D.O. schools and some integrative-related MD schools and want to know my chances of getting an interview or acceptance for the 2017-2018 cycle. The only thing really bringing me down is my MCAT and I can't figure out whether I need to retake it. Help please!

Members don't see this ad.

You have a chance for interviews at some DO schools so I suggest applying to all of these:

ACOM

ARCOM

BCOM

WCU-COM

LMU-DCOM

UP-KYCOM

WVSOM

UIWSOM

VCOM (all 3 schools)

NYIT-Arkansas

RVU-Utah

Idaho (new school)

Where is your state of residence?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When do you think I would hear back about an interview if I have already submitted my secondary and letters of recommendation?

When do you think I would hear back about an interview if I have already submitted my secondary and letters of recommendation?
Anytime after your secondary is submitted. Some schools send you a notice when they have processed all your info and are getting ready to determine if you will get an interview or not. I've seen applicants for ARCOM get an II 4 days after they submitted their secondary. I have similar stats to yours and I have not received an interview. I have submitted all 15 secondaries within the past 7 days.

Anytime after your secondary is submitted. Some schools send you a notice when they have processed all your info and are getting ready to determine if you will get an interview or not. I've seen applicants for ARCOM get an II 4 days after they submitted their secondary. I have similar stats to yours and I have not received an interview. I have submitted all 15 secondaries within the past 7 days.

You seem like a solid candidate for Nova!

Reactions: 1 user