Chances of FMG to match into US residency??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CMUchicka

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posting for a friend and I assume this is probably asked before..

What are chances of foreign medical graduate to match into US residency??This specific individual is on student visa and currently studying public health. I was told that they have taken USMLE and have been doing research or shadowing at one of the hospital. In future (1-3 years )though they have chance of getting green card through marriage. Will getting green card increases their chance of matching? They are interested in cardiology and intenrnal medicines.

Members don't see this ad.

Posting for a friend and I assume this is probably asked before..

What are chances of foreign medical graduate to match into US residency??This specific individual is on student visa and currently studying public health. I was told that they have taken USMLE and have been doing research or shadowing at one of the hospital. In future (1-3 years )though they have chance of getting green card through marriage. Will getting green card increases their chance of matching? They are interested in cardiology and intenrnal medicines.

You provide too little information. Maybe have your friend post herself/ himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You provide to little information. Maybe have your friend post herself/ himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok i have some more info. I don't know if that's enough for the answer.
This candidate have done masters and currently doing research. They also have done observership. I don't know actually numbers of their test scores but heard they have done relatively well.