Reading Comprehension: 240
Quantitative Reasoning: 260
Biology: 280
General Chem: 300
Organic Chem: 310
Physics: 240
TS: 270
AA: 270

I was wondering what were my chances in getting into optometry school? My overall GPA is a 3.4 with a science GPA of 3.3. Im also in a medical sciences masters program with a GPA of 4.o. I have tons of shadowing experiences, and work as an Optometry Technician. I am also an active member of Pre-Optometry society at my university . I have applied to 10 schools, and was planning on retaking the OAT before the cycle was over. I am very passionate about becoming an optometrist, and will do anything I can to achieve that goal.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think any school would accept OAT scores that low. The masters gpa isn't taken in to consideration unfortunately. You might as well apply now with the plan of retaking them. Good luck.

Your OAT scores are going to be tough to over come. I would imagine that most schools will require you to retake and aim for at least a 300 AA and TS.
Have you heard back from any of the schools you applied to? I would think they would be able to tell you how to improve your chances of getting in.

Your OAT scores are going to be tough to over come. I would imagine that most schools will require you to retake and aim for at least a 300 AA and TS.
Have you heard back from any of the schools you applied to? I would think they would be able to tell you how to improve your chances of getting in.

I just had an interview with PCO, and they said that they would highly recommend me to retake the OAT and focus and the sections that fell below a 300.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think any school would accept OAT scores that low. The masters gpa isn't taken in to consideration unfortunately. You might as well apply now with the plan of retaking them. Good luck.

NOVA had placed my application on hold. I just had an interview with PCO and it went well. They told me to retake the OAT again but focus on the sections that were under a 300. The other schools I have applied to still have not responded.

Congrats on the interview! I would take that advice from PCO and hit the books! It sucks to have to retest but it will be worth it in the long run. I had to retest once and now I'll be starting optometry school this fall.

Congrats on the interview! I would take that advice from PCO and hit the books! It sucks to have to retest but it will be worth it in the long run. I had to retest once and now I'll be starting optometry school this fall.

What school will you be attending?

I was accepted to Nova and Midwestern AZ. I'll be attending Midwestern.