chances for med school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drabberbadge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am 25 years old, Reapplicant, non trad
What are my chances? I have a shot at MD /Do schools
Where?
My undergrad Cgpa is 3.69
My undergrad science is 3.64
I had a major upward trend
I did my master s of science and got a gpa of 3.65
I did research for 6 months, 3 years of clinical work/shadowing, worked at a retail store,was a waiter at a restaurant, participated in an exotic car rental company, worked at a liver health clinic, participated in many volunteer events (eye clinic).
I took the mcat 3 times
First time I got a 497 (123/127/123/124)and applied to MD and 1 DO school . I got one interview at a DO school in Pomona CA
But ultimately rejected
I then took the mcat again and got a 497 again (124/124/123/127)so I didn't apply
Just recently I got my third MCAT which is a 505 (128/126/124/127)
I feel my 124 in bio is a big red flag
Anyways should I apply? Do I have any chances anywhere in the US? School list help?
Need a school list for both MD and DO
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You've got a decent shot at DO, throw on a few low-tier MDs as well. I recommend plugging your stats into WedgeDawg's system and formulating your school list there. Search around this forum for what constitutes a low-tier MD and check out the pre-DO forum for that side of things. I can't give you any specific recommendations because I don't know much about DOs.

Hi I am 25 years old, Reapplicant, non trad
What are my chances? I have a shot at MD /Do schools
Where?
My undergrad Cgpa is 3.69
My undergrad science is 3.64
I had a major upward trend
I did my master s of science and got a gpa of 3.65
I did research for 6 months, 3 years of clinical work/shadowing, worked at a retail store,was a waiter at a restaurant, participated in an exotic car rental company, worked at a liver health clinic, participated in many volunteer events (eye clinic).
I took the mcat 3 times
First time I got a 497 (123/127/123/124)and applied to MD and 1 DO school . I got one interview at a DO school in Pomona CA
But ultimately rejected
I then took the mcat again and got a 497 again (124/124/123/127)so I didn't apply
Just recently I got my third MCAT which is a 505 (128/126/124/127)
I feel my 124 in bio is a big red flag
Anyways should I apply? Do I have any chances anywhere in the US? School list help?
Need a school list for both MD and DO
Thanks
I think you definitely have a chance somewhere in the US, but only DO schools. Apply broadly to DO and sell your story. I bet you will have luck. Do not apply MD.

Reactions: 1 users
^ What he said, you would need a 510ish MCAT to even be competitive for MD. Just apply DO

Reactions: 1 user