Chances for 2017 PA cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meecha

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently work as a researcher in a prestigious orthopaedic sports medicine clinic. I work with PRP and BMC injections. I'm more on the research side (stem cell research), but now have started interacting with patients via shadowing and injection outcomes. I have a published abstract at ORS.

My gpa is pretty low: 2.9
GRE combined score of 310
Recs would be from a PA - pain management/interventional pain, MD - pain management/interventional pain/injections, and PhD - pioneer of stem cell research

I'm thinking of applying to Keiser (has a lower minimum gpa) - also have family in Miami (Brother is anesthesiologist)

What do you think of my chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Is your sGPA higher? Do you have any pre-req's left? As it stands, you are not a competitive applicant, even with those LOR's. In general 3.0 is the minimum to get a secondary or interview. Keiser requires a 3.0 cGPA and has a minimum SGPA of 2.75. I would take however many classes you need (and ace them) to get your GPA above 3.0.