cDAT reading comprehension resource?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

runescapelover0292

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone runescapelover0292 here --> love this name.

this is my first post on these forums so bear with me. im going to be starting to study for the canadian DAT within this week and i have done my research however i cannot find a good suggested resource to use to study/practice for the reading comprehension portion of the DAT except for DAT bootcamp.

so what other resources have you guys used or is DAT bootcamp sufficient enough to get a very high score.
i've heard about:
IQ publication
crack DAT
but thats it :/

any help is appreciated thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If you're not a fast reader then you should consider reading 2-3 Scientific American articles a day timed. If you're a fast reader then you should look into the Search & Destroy strategy, try it out in a couple of practice tests and see if it works for you.

Vicviper's RC Strategy

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest that you get CDAT since they have helped me a lot and they recently added the strike through feature and the highlighting which is also on the real DAT now.

thanks for the input, do any of you have experience with any of the resources mentioned? and which would you recommend?

I used the 2-3 Scientific American articles daily method to build up my speed and focus, which I think was really helpful. There are only so many different practice exams for RC available but reading is something you want to work on daily, so don't be afraid to just read dense scientific articles as practice.

Bootcamp's RC tests were extremely helpful and the closest thing to the real exam. I used CrackDAT as well and the passages themselves were decent practice (but they tended to be less science based and easier to read than the real DAT, and had more inference questions than I encountered on the real exam).