CCOM, AZCOM: more info needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

future_doc1421

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I received a secondary from CCOM but for their first question, I am just struggling to find more information about their program and specifics on their websites. For current students/previous applicants, is there more you can tell me about that school that is not on their websites?

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, I received a secondary from CCOM but for their first question, I am just struggling to find more information about their program and specifics on their websites. For current students/previous applicants, is there more you can tell me about that school that is not on their websites?

I don't have the answers to this but I have a question for you. I applied to both CCOM and AZCOM. I only received a secondary from CCOM. Have you received a secondary from AZCOM yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I don't have the answers to this but I have a question for you. I applied to both CCOM and AZCOM. I only received a secondary from CCOM. Have you received a secondary from AZCOM yet?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
No I haven't BUT I saw from a previous forum from last year that someone who had applied to both CCOM and AZCOM that AZCOM didn't send them an email but the AZ supplemental application just appeared on the same site as the CCOM. So I am not sure if AZCOM sends another email or what not.

Members don't see this ad :)
IMO you can't say much with 1500 characters on CCOM's secondaries, not enough to get wildly specific about more than one- maybe two- things that you find alluring.

I'm banking on them just wanting a coherent writing with some semblance of 'you read our website material' (which again, IMO, their website doesn't offer abundant literature).

Also, I said mainly because I'm a bears fan :bear: don't steal my reason, or I'll know it was you! ;) lol good luck

I interviewed and was accepted to both last cycle, good schools, not 67k good tho, apply other places unless youre cool with that hefty figure.

IIRC they're also on graded scales and have brutal scheduling (test(s) per week).

I interviewed and was accepted to both last cycle, good schools, not 67k good tho, apply other places unless youre cool with that hefty figure.
I applied to alot of schools, this is just the first secondary I received. Is there something that they talked about in interviews you thought was particularly interesting about the school? All I am seeing is clinical rotations and residency rates which are great but what else does the school offer? Their website is not very helpful.

I'm a current CCOM student. Feel free to message me any specific questions you want answered.

Hey Em,

Why'd you pick CCOM? Their website doesn't give me anything to work with.

Hey Em,

Why'd you pick CCOM? Their website doesn't give me anything to work with.
I'm from the area so I liked the idea of staying local and being able to commute from home to save some $$. But also they have a 100% match rate, a LOT of rotation sites (which helps us have a solid reputation at a bunch of Chicagoland hospitals), students who match competitively, and I had heard good things about the professors.

I'm from the area so I liked the idea of staying local and being able to commute from home to save some $$. But also they have a 100% match rate, a LOT of rotation sites (which helps us have a solid reputation at a bunch of Chicagoland hospitals), students who match competitively, and I had heard good things about the professors.
I've read on previous threads back in 2005 that students get clinical rotations within all 4 years, rather than the last 2 years employed by most med schools. Is this still true to this day?
EDIT: also thank you so much for being here for us! It's really been frustrating trying to find any specific information about CCOM and AZCOM.

I've read on previous threads back in 2005 that students get clinical rotations within all 4 years, rather than the last 2 years employed by most med schools. Is this still true to this day?
EDIT: also thank you so much for being here for us! It's really been frustrating trying to find any specific information about CCOM and AZCOM.
There are opportunities for clinical exposure but no rotations as far as I know. There is something called the Community Health Clinic, I believe it's a weekly commitment or something along those lines. I didn't do it though so I don't know much about it