CCM/OR job search...Any info on current openings?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

go_mountaineers

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If anyone has any information on private practice groups or academic institutions looking for CCM trained doc shoot me a PM or post. I'm getting ready to finish CCM fellowship in June and prefer to work in both ICU and OR. I don't really have a preference as to whether it's PP or academics nor do I have a definite preference on location. I'm married with no kids so we can move anywhere. Currently looking on gaswork, institutional websites, and emailing/calling departments with some results but I wanted to pose the question to see if anyone had input.

Members don't see this ad.

I share the same feeling that the world does not really appreciate anesthesiologist intensivists. Good luck with your job search.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has any information on private practice groups or academic institutions looking for CCM trained doc shoot me a PM or post. I'm getting ready to finish CCM fellowship in June and prefer to work in both ICU and OR. I don't really have a preference as to whether it's PP or academics nor do I have a definite preference on location. I'm married with no kids so we can move anywhere. Currently looking on gaswork, institutional websites, and emailing/calling departments with some results but I wanted to pose the question to see if anyone had input.
if you don't care about PP vs academics, you shouldn't have trouble getting a job anywhere you want. In PP, it's typically the large groups who cover ICU's and therefore can offer these OR + ICU positions. PM me if interested and I can name a few for you

We might have a need for one ICU/anesthesia attending in Detroit Michigan. It's a private practice gig with an anesthesia residency program. Private message me for more info.

When I was out of fellowship, I found it very difficult to find non-academic Intensivist jobs. Anesthesia full time? no problem. CCM full time, shut out by the Pulm guys, I mean downright told we don't hire anesthesia guys (and that was North South East and West of the Pecos!) Stayed on at my home institution but soon realized I wasn't going to go anywhere. Now I do 100% anesthesia in a very fun PP group.

Reactions: 1 user
^don't you feel you're at risk of losing your CCM skills if you don't practice it right out of fellowship?

^don't you feel you're at risk of losing your CCM skills if you don't practice it right out of fellowship?

I practiced for 3 years after fellowship. Now I do no CCM. I have been out of the unit now for almost 3 years and it would be difficult to go back. I would need some refresher training quite honestly.