CBSE Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sidrap

Slum Lord
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those who have taken the CBSE,

Did you notice a difference between the UWorld question bank and the actual exam? Not necessarily a difficulty difference but was the scope of the questions pretty much the same (particularly in microbio, pharm and more of the obscure stuff)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

To those who have taken the CBSE,

Did you notice a difference between the UWorld question bank and the actual exam? Not necessarily a difficulty difference but was the scope of the questions pretty much the same (particularly in microbio, pharm and more of the obscure stuff)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yes, I would say UW was definitely the closest thing to the real deal. I also went through Kaplan's Q bank and it was not AS good, but I would recommend answering as many questions as you possibly can. If you have time for multiple banks then do it. Even after both of those q banks and multiple NBME self assessments, I was pressed hard for time on the real exam. I used every single second of each section and was wishing there was more time. That never happened to me on a practice test. Just FYI.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I would say UW was definitely the closest thing to the real deal. I also went through Kaplan's Q bank and it was not AS good, but I would recommend answering as many questions as you possibly can. If you have time for multiple banks then do it. Even after both of those q banks and multiple NBME self assessments, I was pressed hard for time on the real exam. I used every single second of each section and was wishing there was more time. That never happened to me on a practice test. Just FYI.

thanks for your response! Did you feel like there was the same mix of pharm on the real exam? Just wondering as it's technically not Step 1 (supposed to be the "comprehensive BASIC science exam") so thinking if they'll emphasize more pathophysiology than pharm and specific microbio.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for your response! Did you feel like there was the same mix of pharm on the real exam? Just wondering as it's technically not Step 1 (supposed to be the "comprehensive BASIC science exam") so thinking if they'll emphasize more pathophysiology than pharm and specific microbio.
Yea there is a ton of pharm... If that is a weakness then make a couple hundred flashcards and make it not a weakness, trust me. I would say use the FA book to know what drugs (and all content in general) will be on the exam. Then use the www.medbullets.com website to help you hone in on "high yield" info. If the information is found in both places, bolded, etc. then you better know it. That is the approach I took and it worked well. The amount of info seems impossible at first, but the more you study the more managable it becomes

I'd recommend going through Uworld twice. Study it like a book. It is a tremendous study resource if you read through and actually study the explanations.