Casper Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor1995

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Some of the schools require Casper test but some are optional. Am I allowed to send the results to some schools that require them and not send it to those that say are optional? Or do I have to send it to every med school if I take the test? I am just scared I won't do well on it so I don't want to send all of them. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

Some of the schools require Casper test but some are optional. Am I allowed to send the results to some schools that require them and not send it to those that say are optional? Or do I have to send it to every med school if I take the test? I am just scared I won't do well on it so I don't want to send all of them. Thanks!
CASPer is new and hard AF to grade. No schools are using it seriously as a grade. Not yet anyway (or ever)? In regards to your question, it might better to release your CASPer score to all schools (even the optional ones) because if you get an interview at said optional medical school, its going to be awkward when the interviewer asks if you've taken CASPer, you say yes, and yet you didn't submit your score.

CASPer is new and hard AF to grade. No schools are using it seriously as a grade. Not yet anyway (or ever)? In regards to your question, it might better to release your CASPer score to all schools (even the optional ones) because if you get an interview at said optional medical school, its going to be awkward when the interviewer asks if you've taken CASPer, you say yes, and yet you didn't submit your score.
Hi Guys, lots of experience with CASPer up in Canada already. You sit the exam once and then the results are sent by the company that administers it to the schools/programs that require it, i.e. you don't control its distribution in that sense. If you want to learn more about it there is a lot out there - I found this blog post a good starting point for getting my head around it and what it is essentially looking for: How the CASPer Test is Scored | BeMo Academic Consulting I think we will see it a lot more the US from now and being taken more seriously as a way in which schools will differentiate students in future.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
When registering for the CASPer, do we need to include all of the schools we plan on sending it to right then and there or can we add more schools later after we're done taking/registering for it?

Hello!

You are not required to send it to the schools that you don't want to. When you register you can pick the schools you want and then pay $10 a school.

When registering for the CASPer, do we need to include all of the schools we plan on sending it to right then and there or can we add more schools later after we're done taking/registering for it?

You can add more schools later, you'll just have to pay the normal fee of $10 per school.

Reactions: 1 user
There is a July 9th date for the CASPER and July 26th. Do you think 3 days are enough to prepare for it? I would rather take the early date so I can finish up with my application faster. Do I need alot of time to study for it? Thanks!

There is a July 9th date for the CASPER and July 26th. Do you think 3 days are enough to prepare for it? I would rather take the early date so I can finish up with my application faster. Do I need alot of time to study for it? Thanks!

I didn't prep at all and it was fine. It's more a question of how quickly you can type.

Why in god's green earth does it cost $10 to send a Casper score ???

I didn't prep at all and it was fine. It's more a question of how quickly you can type.

How did you find out your results to know that things went fine? I thought that we don't get our results after we take CASPer?

How did you find out your results to know that things went fine? I thought that we don't get our results after we take CASPer?

You're right. I actually don't know for sure if things went fine... but fwiw, I did land an interview at the school I ended up matriculating to.

Wait, what is Casper exactly? Do I need to take it as well?!? I though only the MCAT was required!

Wait, what is Casper exactly? Do I need to take it as well?!? I though only the MCAT was required!

Check with the schools you are applying too.

Tulane (optional)
NYMC
Central Michigan
U Vermont Larner
U Illinois
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
East Tennessee State
Medical College of Wisconsin
West Virginia (optional)
Rosalind Franklin
Texas A&M
Florida Atlantic

Are schools I know want Casper completed

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Dw! Casper is totally different from the mcat.

Straight from the website: The CASPer test is an online screening tool designed to evaluate key personal and professional characteristics that make for successful students and graduates.

Traditional evaluations of personal characteristics (e.g. standard interviews, reference letters, and personal essays) have shown to be ineffective in discerning good applicants. CASPer increases fairness in applicant evaluation by providing admissions and selection committees with a reliable measure of traits like professionalism, ethics, communication, and empathy.

CASPer is another hoop more schools are making applicants jump through. It's a 90 min situation judgment test you have to complete online and you never get your results because they are sent only to the schools.

CASPer is another hoop more schools are making applicants jump through. It's a 90 min situation judgment test you have to complete online and you never get your results because they are sent only to the schools.
Is this something you can study for or do you just take it?

Check with the schools you are applying too.

Tulane (optional)
NYMC
Central Michigan
U Vermont Larner
U Illinois
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
East Tennessee State
Medical College of Wisconsin
West Virginia (optional)
Rosalind Franklin
Texas A&M
Florida Atlantic

Are schools I know want Casper completed

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It's crazy how the list keeps growing exponentially every year. Do you think it's going to be adopted by 20+ US medical schools next year?

Is this something you can study for or do you just take it?

I think most people on here just take it because it's still so new but at schools where it has been used for many years, applicants prepare for it by doing practice CASPer tests.

It's crazy how the list keeps growing exponentially every year. Do you think it's going to be adopted by 20+ US medical schools next year?
It is only going to increase for sure. I think casper is here to stay for the immediate future. :-(

I think most people on here just take it because it's still so new but at schools where it has been used for many years, applicants prepare for it by doing practice CASPer tests.
Yeh it is pretty essential to do some mocks just to get used to the timings and typing at the very least!