CARS suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bearded gent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for extra CARS practice passages. I currently have AAMC CARS question packs but I definitely feel like I need more practice since I'm averaging a 122 on FL tests. Any suggestions? Will a detailed review of the question packs suffice? The general consensus seems to be either NS 108 or EK 101 but both tend to have VERY mixed reviews.

Members don't see this ad.

I have been using the old AAMC practice exams, but there is quite a bit of overlap between the q packs and the exams. However, I've noticed additional questions that were not in the q-packs

I'm looking for extra CARS practice passages. I currently have AAMC CARS question packs but I definitely feel like I need more practice since I'm averaging a 122 on FL tests. Any suggestions? Will a detailed review of the question packs suffice? The general consensus seems to be either NS 108 or EK 101 but both tend to have VERY mixed reviews.
NS 108 and EK 101 are the best "non-official AAMC Verbal" out there. But, there's also TPRH Verbal Book. I used this and found it quite awesome.

I too have been struggling with CARS; used Kaplan, EK, but it doesn't feel like a good correlate to AAMC; I did come across rx4mcat solely by process of elimination; it's all on-line, and their claim is it parallels actual CARS in difficulty and format; my take is it's pretty sophisticated/authentic...