Cardiovascular vs Cardiothoracics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.cardio1216

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am panning to go to Mass Gen for my intern and residency program, but they say that you have to choose between cardiothoracic and cardiovascular for the fellowship program. Which one should I do? What is the pros and cons of both? Are there diferent surgeries involved? If so, what are they? If not, what are some basic surgeries that a cardiothoracic/cardiovasular surgeon does?

Members don't see this ad.

Lol what? Whoever "they" is, is wrong...:corny:

I'd worry about getting into mass gen first - that's not exactly something you "plan" to do in the first place, let alone assume you'll be accepted into their fellowship. From your post it sounds like you've got some time to go before you're even considering that, so maybe just focus on doing a great job at your current level and try to shadow some docs to get an idea of what they're doing.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah...I'm not sure exactly what this is about (I'm assuming something that likely belongs in hSDN) but it's clearly not appropriate for this forum.

Closing.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.