Cardiology Fellowship Interview Timing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epicandprivate

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone what are the latest dates for cards fellowship interviews. Are the majority of interviews in september or do programs offer october or even november interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I've been told the vast majority are done interviewing by mid-October, but there are a handful(?) of programs that can go into early November.

Reactions: 1 user
Same. My understanding is that most are mid to late August through October. Perhaps a few in November, but the rank list is due Nov. 15 so they can't be very far into the month.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright thanks. I got an interview late October and was trying to figure out if that is common. Trying to figure out the best way to schedule interviews and coordinate with residency is stressful.

Alright thanks. I got an interview late October and was trying to figure out if that is common. Trying to figure out the best way to schedule interviews and coordinate with residency is stressful.

less stressful than having no interviews

+pity+:D

Touche haha. I hope the seasons turns around for you.

I agree with Sept-Oct being the main interview season. Probably end of Sept being the busiest and most competitive time as this is when people try to interview for their top picks. Usually we try to get a few practice interviews in early Sept, then late Oct is just for added safety/convenience permitting.

Also note that not every program is on the same schedule and some start earlier than others.

Does anyone what are the latest dates for cards fellowship interviews. Are the majority of interviews in september or do programs offer october or even november interviews?
September and October, never heard anyone interviewed in November