CAQ Sports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

septoplasty

Exceptional
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How did everyones test go?

TBH, that was tough as ****.. my god wtf were they asking, had no idea half the time. Hopefully the curve comes in handy, otherwise there goes $1400.

Members don't see this ad.

How did everyones test go?

TBH, that was tough as ****.. my god wtf were they asking, had no idea half the time. Hopefully the curve comes in handy, otherwise there goes $1400.
Same. Took it Monday and walked out demoralized. Not really sure what I could have done differently either. I even did the Finoff review course.

So there isn't much data out on best study methods for this exam. Personally, I had just studied all the stuff in the AMSSM review book.. which wasn't very useful lol. Nor was my fellowship on preparing me for stuff found on it.

Anecdotally, I felt awful and my result showed. I did end up passing, but it could have easily swung the other way.

I also know of 2 fellows in the same class year (2017), who didn't pass (first fail on a standardized exam for them), which was eye-opening.

Members don't see this ad :)
So there isn't much data out on best study methods for this exam. Personally, I had just studied all the stuff in the AMSSM review book.. which wasn't very useful lol. Nor was my fellowship on preparing me for stuff found on it.

Anecdotally, I felt awful and my result showed. I did end up passing, but it could have easily swung the other way.

I also know of 2 fellows in the same class year (2017), who didn't pass (first fail on a standardized exam for them), which was eye-opening.
What constituted a passing score?

Has anyone received their scores yet for the Fall exam? I took in Nov 8 and am anxious...

Has anyone received their scores yet for the Fall exam? I took in Nov 8 and am anxious...
Just Called. ABFM are releasing them to your respective Primary Specialty Boards on Thursday 12/13. Don't know if this means they will be posted Friday or ON Thursday. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the year long delay... I passed and got tied up with work. Board vitals was ok. I think the most helpful resource is going through the old fellows pre-test exams if you can find them, or using the AMSSM review book (all editions). Textbook wise, Netters Sports Medicine seems to be the most useful and digestible source. The ACSM publishes another text but its dense and difficult to read.

I work in a sports fellowship now. I am modeling the curriculum for the didactics off the AMSSM CAQ breakdown. Trying to incorporate the recommended primary articles for each section in conjunction with netters and then pulling out the AMSSM CAQ review questions for our fellow. It seems to be a good way to do it.

There is a push for ultrasound on the CAQ. I am looking at getting our fellow certified for POCUS.

About to take this thing in a couple of weeks. I've taken a few of the CAQ review tests and seem to have scored about the same as you did. I'm also going through a few other resources. Any thought as to how that may correlate with the real thing? I've spoken with plenty of folks who say that the test is not the same as the material, just looking for any insight I can get haha. Feel free to PM me if needed. Thanks!

Sorry for the year long delay... I passed and got tied up with work. Board vitals was ok. I think the most helpful resource is going through the old fellows pre-test exams if you can find them, or using the AMSSM review book (all editions). Textbook wise, Netters Sports Medicine seems to be the most useful and digestible source. The ACSM publishes another text but its dense and difficult to read.

I work in a sports fellowship now. I am modeling the curriculum for the didactics off the AMSSM CAQ breakdown. Trying to incorporate the recommended primary articles for each section in conjunction with netters and then pulling out the AMSSM CAQ review questions for our fellow. It seems to be a good way to do it.

There is a push for ultrasound on the CAQ. I am looking at getting our fellow certified for POCUS.
Any chance if your still on here you can forward old fellows exam??

Hi
Anyone interested in studying for CAQ exam by phone, may few hours a week after work.

We can question each other on topics

Let me know

Thanks