Canadians getting loans for international med schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigmac123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about attending a 6 year MD program in Poland, however, I wouldn't exactly be able to cover the costs on my own.

I've seen on websites such as that of Jagiellonian's University, that loans are easily attainable for US students, however, nothing for Canadians.

As of now, OSAP can only provide me with $210/week, which is nowhere near what is required to cover the costs. My parents also don't own a home, so lines of credit aren't exactly attainable.

So, I was wondering if there are any other Canadian students who were in similar situations and were able to get the necessary funds?

I'm still going to contact some Polish banks, since I am a Polish citizen. Maybe they'll have some student loans available, although I doubt it.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck, all i know is OSAP and lines of credits. Otherwise, i'm not really sure what is out there. Contact some polish banks, but if things work there like they work here, without assets to back a loan I don't see how they could give you the funds you need.