Canadian Student and questions about SGU/SABA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WolfLarson

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been avoiding SDN for a few years now, as I get anxious when reading the posts of the geniuses who post here.

I have heard of the AOA/ACGME merger and that this may cause a decrease in residency spots for caribbean applicants.

I would like advice.

I am a Canadian student doing my second degree (we don't really have many post-bacc options here in Canada other than doing a second undergrad if you screw up your first one). I screwed up my first degree due to being immature and wholly unprepared for university (I did not know how to study, did not have the mental fortitutde, spent too much time chasing girls). In my second degree I have been able to score A+/A's in most of my courses. I have obtained 2 B's and 2 B+'s throughout my second degree (not all in one semester) and have knocked full year courses out of the park (that is 6 credits for a full year course). Here is the thing though, my school uses a weird 9 point GPA scale (and a letter grade that appears on your transcript) so converting to a 4.0 GPA is confusing. However, from my calculations I obtained a 3.6 this last year (I scored all A+'s and A's first semester and one A+, one A, one B+ and one B in second semeste). I could have scored higher but I was feeling burned out and tired during this second semester, but I believe if I was more 'fresh' I would have done better.

The reason I describe the above situation is, if I went to a school like SGU or SABA would I be able to be in the top students and match into categorical Gen Surg (I will obviously continue working hard)? I don't particularly care about coming back to Canada, and thus am open to training in US.

My interviewer for SGU, was a Rad-Onc sgu grad working in Canada who said that matching competitively depended on how hard one worked, but then again she started her residency in 2009, so things may have changed since then.

I am hoping to obtain unbiased advice from Caribbean grads.

Members don't see this ad.

I attended a Carib school for a few terms before dropping out.

I'm telling you that as a Canadian student, you will have to work even harder than your US IMG counterpart. I'm not kidding when I tell you that you will need to make pretty much straight A's or very close to that to succeed down this route today and do extremely well on your boards. That's not meant to scare you away, I'm just telling you what to expect. The clinical dean at my school said "It will be tough for Canadian students." That info wouldn't be any different if you went to SGU. You have to score something like 10-15points higher on your boards than a US student for the same position.

Look at the match list for SGU and any other school. How many people do you see getting a categorical General Surgery spot? You have to do the math on that and figure out if you can beat those odds. Also, the Caribbean is not a place where you would want to "screw up" so take that as fair warning.

If you have the money, go to SGU. Avoid SABA and any other school especially if you're a Canadian.

Reactions: 1 user

I'm telling you that as a Canadian student, you will have to work even harder than your US IMG counterpart. I'm not kidding when I tell you that you will need to make pretty much straight A's or very close to that to succeed down this route today and do extremely well on your boards. That's not meant to scare you away, I'm just telling you what to expect. The clinical dean at my school said "It will be tough for Canadian students." That info wouldn't be any different if you went to SGU. You have to score something like 10-15points higher on your boards than a US student for the same position.

Look at the match list for SGU and any other school. How many people do you see getting a categorical General Surgery spot? You have to do the math on that and figure out if you can beat those odds. Also, the Caribbean is not a place where you would want to "screw up" so take that as fair warning.

If you have the money, go to SGU. Avoid SABA and any other school especially if you're a Canadian.
I see. SABA says that it helps to match its students back to Canada. So that is all lies?

Also, how much more difficult are the lectures/tests at SGU (and in medical school) compared to undergrad? I mean if I study alot every day, how much more difficult is to achieve straight A's at SGU compared to undergrad? Is there really a difference?

Members don't see this ad :)
I see. SABA says that it helps to match its students back to Canada. So that is all lies?

Also, how much more difficult are the lectures/tests at SGU (and in medical school) compared to undergrad? I mean if I study alot every day, how much more difficult is to achieve straight A's at SGU compared to undergrad? Is there really a difference?

I went to a school owned by the same people that own SABA. Just trust me when I tell you that they don't have your back. If you're Canadian, I would say you should be a top-10 student in your class to have any chance of making it off the island and succeeding on your boards.

These programs will weed you out in different ways and working hard is unfortunately not enough. You need to work hard but be very adaptable to each changing term. SGU is a more legitimate route if you choose to go down this route in the sense that the work will be equally hard but they have more resources.

Medical school is not like undergrad man; nothing like it. It's not about it being hard, it's volume, discipline, and focus. Some people don't have that "training." Let me put it to you like this, in undergrad you take cell bio for 16 weeks right? In med school you will learn all that and more in five days or fifteen hours and be tested with third and fourth order questions. You gotta be ready for that or else it will kick your buttocks.

Reactions: 3 users
I went to a school owned by the same people that own SABA. Just trust me when I tell you that they don't have your back. If you're Canadian, I would say you should be a top-10 student in your class to have any chance of making it off the island and succeeding on your boards.

These programs will weed you out in different ways and working hard is unfortunately not enough. You need to work hard but be very adaptable to each changing term. SGU is a more legitimate route if you choose to go down this route in the sense that the work will be equally hard but they have more resources.

Medical school is not like undergrad man; nothing like it. It's not about it being hard, it's volume, discipline, and focus. Some people don't have that "training." Let me put it to you like this, in undergrad you take cell bio for 16 weeks right? In med school you will learn all that and more in five days or fifteen hours and be tested with third and fourth order questions. You gotta be ready for that or else it will kick your buttocks.
Oh wow. That is not inspiring at all. What school would did you go to if I may ask?

Does the requirement for being top 10 student apply to SGU as well? Also how does each term change?

How did your preparation/study habits change for medical school? It seems like I may need some time to find my 'legs' and adapt to the new situation.

Caribbean schools match back to Canada at ~15-20% yearly according to CARMs data.

Reactions: 1 users
Caribbean schools match back to Canada at ~15-20% yearly according to CARMs data.
oh wow. that is ****. Is that 15-20% of ALL IMGs in the CARS system? Or 15-20% that apply? Also, are there ways to increase the likelihood of matching for a canadian?

Oh wow. That is not inspiring at all. What school would did you go to if I may ask?

Does the requirement for being top 10 student apply to SGU as well? Also how does each term change?

How did your preparation/study habits change for medical school? It seems like I may need some time to find my 'legs' and adapt to the new situation.

SGU has much bigger classes and more places to do clinicals. I'd say you need to still have an 85 or better average even at SGU to succeed as a Canadian student. Also make sure you do your research about Visas and stuff like that. A lot of programs don't sponsor Canadians.

Med school was rough man and I wasn't ready for it so I left. I'm going back to the drawing board to retake some courses.

Are you sure you want to become a doctor? I'd be concerned if you weren't aware of these stats going in.

SGU has much bigger classes and more places to do clinicals. I'd say you need to still have an 85 or better average even at SGU to succeed as a Canadian student. Also make sure you do your research about Visas and stuff like that. A lot of programs don't sponsor Canadians.

Med school was rough man and I wasn't ready for it so I left. I'm going back to the drawing board to retake some courses.

Are you sure you want to become a doctor? I'd be concerned if you weren't aware of these stats going in.
I cannot imagine myself doing anything else in my life, so one could say that I am sure.

I did my first degree at U of T. U of T is notorious for being having a difficult undergrad program. Could you say how they stack? Is there any way to see if one will do well at SGU? If I can consistently get A's (80-89) at my new degree, will I be able to do so consistently at SGU?

Yeah I heard about the fact that many US programs don't sponsor H1B visas, and Ontario really screws its premeds over by not offering preference for in province applicants like the other provinces do. Also, with Trump in power in the US, who knows how the situation may play out. So those unnecessary roadblocks are annoying. But it is what it is.

oh wow. that is ****. Is that 15-20% of ALL IMGs in the CARS system? Or 15-20% that apply? Also, are there ways to increase the likelihood of matching for a canadian?

15-20% of Caribbean grads that apply.
http://www.carms.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Table_50_IMGs_by_Region_of_Graduation_English.pdf
That's why people say that as soon as you step out of Canada for Medicine, your goal should be to match in USA and THEN make your way back to Canada.
If you insist on being an IMG and you intend to match back to Canada only, go to Ireland/Australia.

I cannot imagine myself doing anything else in my life, so one could say that I am sure.

I did my first degree at U of T. U of T is notorious for being having a difficult undergrad program. Could you say how they stack? Is there any way to see if one will do well at SGU? If I can consistently get A's (80-89) at my new degree, will I be able to do so consistently at SGU?

Yeah I heard about the fact that many US programs don't sponsor H1B visas, and Ontario really screws its premeds over by not offering preference for in province applicants like the other provinces do. Also, with Trump in power in the US, who knows how the situation may play out. So those unnecessary roadblocks are annoying. But it is what it is.

Honestly, contrary to what others here would have you believe undergrad and the MCAT don't predict medical school success with the greatest accuracy. I know people at SGU with terrible MCAT scores and lackluster GPA's who made it off the island, did well on step, and then matched. So I can't tell you what "grades you need to get."

I would say that you should have a science background, have a lot of discipline, and be extremely focused. In the end, basic sciences and beyond will come down to how to pass tests so you'll want to get good at that. The MCAT is not a predictor of STEP 1 success so don't let that discourage you.

You really just have to hit the ground running in med school. I don't think you can prepare for it accurately.

15-20% of Caribbean grads that apply.
http://www.carms.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Table_50_IMGs_by_Region_of_Graduation_English.pdf
That's why people say that as soon as you step out of Canada for Medicine, your goal should be to match in USA and THEN make your way back to Canada.
If you insist on being an IMG and you intend to match back to Canada only, go to Ireland/Australia.
Oh wow. Thanks for that.

It seems that it is best to go to Australia if one wants to match back to Canada? They have a 60% match rate, the best out of any IMGs. I wonder, is there a breakdown of what specialties Australian grads matched back into - would an Australian grad have access to plastic surgery or orthopedics? Also, I imagine that the top 60% of Australian students coming back to Canada, matched - meaning that Canadian match is dependent on scores?

Honestly, contrary to what others here would have you believe undergrad and the MCAT don't predict medical school success with the greatest accuracy. I know people at SGU with terrible MCAT scores and lackluster GPA's who made it off the island, did well on step, and then matched. So I can't tell you what "grades you need to get."

I would say that you should have a science background, have a lot of discipline, and be extremely focused. In the end, basic sciences and beyond will come down to how to pass tests so you'll want to get good at that. The MCAT is not a predictor of STEP 1 success so don't let that discourage you.

You really just have to hit the ground running in med school. I don't think you can prepare for it accurately.

Damn. It seems that all of the 'MCAT is a good predictor of student success in medical school' is all BS.

Also, I know you say you can't really prepare for it, but maybe there are certain habits that characterize successful medical students over the ones who flunk out?

Oh wow. Thanks for that.

It seems that it is best to go to Australia if one wants to match back to Canada? They have a 60% match rate, the best out of any IMGs. I wonder, is there a breakdown of what specialties Australian grads matched back into - would an Australian grad have access to plastic surgery or orthopedics? Also, I imagine that the top 60% of Australian students coming back to Canada, matched - meaning that Canadian match is dependent on scores?

Damn. It seems that all of the 'MCAT is a good predictor of student success in medical school' is all BS.

Also, I know you say you can't really prepare for it, but maybe there are certain habits that characterize successful medical students over the ones who flunk out?

You just gotta work hard, be focused, and study smart. Doctors ain't geniuses.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You just gotta work hard, be focused, and study smart. Doctors ain't geniuses.
Thanks for your replies.

It seems that they are to me. lmao. Getting that 3.9 gpa and 528 MCAT is no trivial task, at least for me.

Also, why would Canadians go to Caribbean if it seems that Aus and Europe (Poland/Ireland) match better back to Canada?

Last edited:
Oh wow. Thanks for that.

Realistically, NO to the bolded. You can dig around in CARMS and check out how many IMG spots are allocated for those specialities. It's not many.
I think Ireland has the highest match rate. You might wanna talk to Irish grads to get actual data.
I'd personally choose Australia over Ireland because there's SOME chance of staying back in Australia as of now, while as a non-EU citizen your chances of getting an Irish residency is 0. But others might have a different opinion.

If your goal is plastics or Ortho, go to US MD (NOT DO) schools.

Realistically, NO to the bolded. You can dig around in CARMS and check out how many IMG spots are allocated for those specialities. It's not many.
I think Ireland has the highest match rate. You might wanna talk to Irish grads to get actual data.
I'd personally choose Australia over Ireland because there's SOME chance of staying back in Australia as of now, while as a non-EU citizen your chances of getting an Irish residency is 0. But others might have a different opinion.

I see.

What about matching something like gen surg for an Australian grad? Also, on the CARMS data you posted it just says 'European', not really breaking it up. Does that imply that going to Poland (tuition and living expenses are cheaper) and doing a 4 year degree there (they teach similar to the US and you have to sit the USMLE) that you have the same match rate as an Irish grad?

I see.

What about matching something like gen surg for an Australian grad? Also, on the CARMS data you posted it just says 'European', not really breaking it up. Does that imply that going to Poland (tuition and living expenses are cheaper) and doing a 4 year degree there (they teach similar to the US and you have to sit the USMLE) that you have the same match rate as an Irish grad?
No, CaRMS just lumps them together. They also lump Canadians abroad and IMGs too, so it's just broad strokes. Anecdotally your chances are better at a Irish school designed to send students back to North America, than at a Polish school. And plus you don't have to learn Polish.

Any reason why you are jumping to Caribbean/IMG and not look at US MD/DO?

I'm about to start drooling from too many night shifts in a row..
So.pardon my incoherence.

But thanks to Malcolm turnbull (current Prime Minister of Australia) - there's little to no chance for current med students 3rd eyar and below to finishing residency in Australia. he just changed that in April. POssibly, the policy may soften. no idea, anything can happen in 4 years (and they kinda do). So essentially, you can start residency in Australia, but the current VISA situation won't give you enough time to finish. Also most Australian programs (rural family medicine excluded for isnstance) require that you be an Australian permanent resident. Which again..Turnbull is all wiping that possibility for current students, who aren't finishing up their final year.

Australia..has finally caught up with ireland.
Ironically.

I see.

re: australia - General surgery is one of those things that requries you to be either a citizen or permanent resident.
(and it is very difficult to get PR if you have neither an Australian degree or havne't worked 2 years in a field that is considered 'needed' to Australia - like engineering)

Gen surg - how it's done in Australia, is not like the US or Canada.
How to put it, there's multiple "prelim" years they expect you to do before you can get onto the official program.
But it's..rather beside the point if you aren't even considered eligible.

You explore the application process here: Selection Requirements and SET Application | Royal Australasian College of Surgeons and here: https://www.generalsurgeons.com.au/media/files/Education and Training/Selection/GDE 2016-11-15 Final.pdf

Thanks for your replies.

It seems that they are to me. lmao. Getting that 3.9 gpa and 528 MCAT is no trivial task, at least for me.

Also, why would Canadians go to Caribbean if it seems that Aus and Europe (Poland/Ireland) match better back to Canada?

[Ooops, just reworded this]
The Match rate for grads of Australian schools to Canada and the US was artificially better.

That will likely change.

prior to Turnbull changing policy to be less immigrant friendly, yes, you could apply for residency in Australia. evne though it's been getting tougher every year. regardless this meant that North Americans at Australian schools were "self-selecting". Many did not even get to the level where they were actually applying to return home. ie. those who weren't doing great on their boards, or had no motivation to go home or no motivation to take the boards. either way, they didn't aply. they just stayed in Australia.

but as it's now getting harder to stay and finish resdiency in Asutralia, well..more are going to be expected or forced to return home. this will change the match rate. so, unless the VISA situation changes (which it could, never know) expect higher numbers of Australain grads applying home, and less stellar aplicants.

DO doesn't exist in Canada I believe. based on my spying on the Canadian forums.
So they're seen as "IMGs" - I could eb wrong. the vISA situation fosr canadian wishing to do residency in the US also sounds messy. Based on trying to follow the following thread: Will I be at a disadvantage? (Canadian at US Med School)

Last edited:
I'm about to start drooling from too many night shifts in a row..
So.pardon my incoherence.

Australia..has finally caught up with ireland.

Ironically.

DO doesn't exist in Canada I believe. based on my spying on the Canadian forums.
So they're seen as "IMGs" - I could eb wrong. the vISA situation fosr canadian wishing to do residency in the US also sounds messy. Based on trying to follow the following thread: Will I be at a disadvantage? (Canadian at US Med School)

Thank you for the information. That does change things quite a bit. If that's the case, i guess Ireland > Aus given the higher match rates. UK might be an option as well..as far as i know, if you graduate from a UK school, you aren't discriminated through foundation years and on to residency. Although i have no idea how their match rates are back to Canada.

DOs are IMGs for the purpose of applying to Canadian residency. By going to a DO school, you can start your residency by extending your student visa (F1) to OPT which allows you to start residency without having to go through the H1B/J1 mess. Then during your first year of residency, you work out your visa situation with the hospital, hoping they give you a H1B. Most Canadians do get US residencies going to a US DO school whether it's OPT/J1/H1B (I'm too lazy to dig up the stats on this). Yeah the Visa situation isn't ideal but this is still the path of least resistance compared to other IMG pathways.

Well I am currently in the process of MCAT prep again, will be writing in august.

Did a second undergrad degree (Canada doesn't really offer anything for post bacc) and my first degree was a royal screw up (hot a 2.8 gpa). Now I am sitting at a 3.7 gpa for two years straight. Dunno if US schools will look psotively at that.

I'm an Aureus grad, Canadian, I matched, you can do it too. No doubt you will have to work 3x more hard but doable! Good luck

it's a fair point, except that OP wants Gen surg. (Not IM - Caribbean success/failure stories) So advice has been tapering in this particular direction. in order to help them.

ALso, no one's saying it's not doable, we agree it's much harder. that's what makes this path not for everyone.

(unless this was comment was not directed at OP?)

I'm an Aureus grad, Canadian, I matched, you can do it too. No doubt you will have to work 3x more hard but doable! Good luck

My friend, what does 3x more hard mean? The purpose of telling some people not to go to these schools is for that very same vagueness. And as an aside, I don't even believe you are who you say you are.

Hey wolf. I am an SGU grad PGY-1 in IM. I matched into my #1. Feel free to PM me if you have questions about matching / sgu / etc.

Fellow Canadian here. I'm gonna guess by the weird 9.0 system you're also york university grad. Just out of curiosity, if you scored mostly A and A+ for majority of your 2nd undergrad, why not kill the MCAT and put in application for UWO and McGill? UWO only look at your top two years and McGill look at last two years. I know UWO gives interview for applicants that have 3.7 or higher in those two years too. Might be worth it to give it a shot. As for attaining residency, an SGU grad (currently 2nd year of residency in diagnostic radiology) from 2015 told me that attaining high step scores is key and as a Canadian wanting to match into Canada you need to do well in school. Apparently word of mouth is that CaRMs look at your grades as well (not sure how much truth is in here). Going to reputable school will also increase your chances and among the carrib SGU and Ross have the highest match rates too. In anycase best of luck.

Last edited:
How much do the Caribbean school grades matter when being assessed by program directors? I thought program directors just tend to overlook actual grades and focus on step scores.

How much do the Caribbean school grades matter when being assessed by program directors? I thought program directors just tend to overlook actual grades and focus on step scores.

Tough to say how influential they are but they definitely are not the most important things when applying to residency. Step scores, shelf / clinical grades, and letters of recc are more important than basic science scores. Every school is different and some schools operate on pass / fail so the step 1 score is the best standard to score basic science information.

It has been a few years (2007) but I graduated from Saba with several Canadian classmates who matched in the US and Canada. It seemed the Canadian matches were more into specialties including Anes and one guy who matched in Ortho. I think letters of recommendation go a long way. The benefit with Saba is that you should be able to do some of your clinicals in Canada. I believe that is helpful.

Hi, I have been avoiding SDN for a few years now, as I get anxious when reading the posts of the geniuses who post here.

I have heard of the AOA/ACGME merger and that this may cause a decrease in residency spots for caribbean applicants.

I would like advice.

I am a Canadian student doing my second degree (we don't really have many post-bacc options here in Canada other than doing a second undergrad if you screw up your first one). I screwed up my first degree due to being immature and wholly unprepared for university (I did not know how to study, did not have the mental fortitutde, spent too much time chasing girls). In my second degree I have been able to score A+/A's in most of my courses. I have obtained 2 B's and 2 B+'s throughout my second degree (not all in one semester) and have knocked full year courses out of the park (that is 6 credits for a full year course). Here is the thing though, my school uses a weird 9 point GPA scale (and a letter grade that appears on your transcript) so converting to a 4.0 GPA is confusing. However, from my calculations I obtained a 3.6 this last year (I scored all A+'s and A's first semester and one A+, one A, one B+ and one B in second semeste). I could have scored higher but I was feeling burned out and tired during this second semester, but I believe if I was more 'fresh' I would have done better.

The reason I describe the above situation is, if I went to a school like SGU or SABA would I be able to be in the top students and match into categorical Gen Surg (I will obviously continue working hard)? I don't particularly care about coming back to Canada, and thus am open to training in US.

My interviewer for SGU, was a Rad-Onc sgu grad working in Canada who said that matching competitively depended on how hard one worked, but then again she started her residency in 2009, so things may have changed since then.

I am hoping to obtain unbiased advice from Caribbean grads.

It seems that you are fairly brilliant, as most of the Canadians on this island I meet. First off let me tell you that the quality of education is terrible on this island. I highly recommend you rethink your decision to apply here, and just be patient. On the other hand, Canadians do exceptionally well, but it is an AWFUL experience. Most of the people here Canadian or American regret coming down here by the 3rd semester. You are so incredibly over worked and they give us almost no time to properly review the material. On top of that, as an IMG you have to get on average 10 points higher on your STEP1 than American students to even be considered for residency. You can say well that's what medical school is...tough...wrong! We all enjoy the material we are learning, but they give us inadequate time to study the material. The keep us in mandatory lecture for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Do the math. We are constantly cramming here. And medicine is not something to cram for.

Just youtube some videos of students in real medical schools in the States, and it is a night and day comparison to the terrible experience at this school. The overworked hours are for when you're in residency and obtaining hands on experience, NOT when you're trying to learn the fundamental sciences in an in depth and detailed fashion...which this school's curriculum does not allow for.

Please take my advice into consideration, unless you really think you're cut out for the worse 20 months of your life!

He is absolutely correct!!! Fortunate for me I work in the emergency room department, and I mingle with all the med students, residents and doctors. I had spoken to plenty of Current and alumnae of Ross, St. George and Saba University. There are alot of things these institutions do not fully disclose in their "open house," such as the authentic "retention rate." A recent St. George graduate I had spoken to, matched into psychiatry told me it is a "sink or swim environment." So, if you are already a c average or mediocre student thinking you going to make it at the Caribbean schools, get ready to have an introduction to failure 101.

He is absolutely correct!!! Fortunate for me I work in the emergency room department, and I mingle with all the med students, residents and doctors. I had spoken to plenty of Current and alumnae of Ross, St. George and Saba University. There are alot of things these institutions do not fully disclose in their "open house," such as the authentic "retention rate." A recent St. George graduate I had spoken to, matched into psychiatry told me it is a "sink or swim environment." So, if you are already a c average or mediocre student thinking you going to make it at the Caribbean schools, get ready to have an introduction to failure 101.

This is 100% accurate, I am a Saba Student, this school has a horrible quality of education. The curriculum is incredibly disorganized. They overwhelm you with 1000's of slides a week and you just cram. I have literally not looked at a single textbook since I have been here. You have no time to properly solidify the, material...you just keep cramming and memorizing the prof's bogus slides. This has been one of the most horrible experiences of my life. I enjoy learning about medicine and really want to be a doctor, but this school's greedy fast-cash method of running things is disgusting. Like the other post said too, like literally the top 10 of each class of 100 make it through. The school's admin lie to the prospective and current students all the time! Avoid the forsaken school.

SABA student here. recently finished the island and i am currently studying to take STEP 1. Saba is tough, lots of cramming and you do not get a lot of support from administration. most of the teachers are ok (from my experience anyway) but there are a few that are unforgiving. The dean down here is nice and supportive though but he doesnt have a lot of say in the matter of running the school. it is ultimately up to those people in Devens, MA. Can not recommend the school unless you REALLY REALLY have to come down here

SABA student here. recently finished the island and i am currently studying to take STEP 1. Saba is tough, lots of cramming and you do not get a lot of support from administration. most of the teachers are ok (from my experience anyway) but there are a few that are unforgiving. The dean down here is nice and supportive though but he doesnt have a lot of say in the matter of running the school. it is ultimately up to those people in Devens, MA. Can not recommend the school unless you REALLY REALLY have to come down here
Do you think the things that mambostrike5 says above are true?

Do you think the things that mambostrike5 says above are true?
For the most part, yes (unfortunately). It did feel like one big cram fest down there (for me anyway). but then again, if you were to ask some of the other students, their experience down there would be completely different. it all depends on what kind of student you are

Thats what I have always hated about carib schools, the admin that makes all the financial and big decisions live up in the states and not down in the carib where they ship their kids. They should have to be down there with you guys so if they lets say make a budget cut then they have to deal with it too and not just you all.......I guess thats just big business tho