Canadian Residence for Latins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DRGUEVARA79

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. Somebody can give any information about the opportunities to study a resicence In Canada?... One partner told that there is good oportunities

THANKS

Members don't see this ad.

As an international medical graduate(IMGs), you would compete for the same pool as all other IMGs whom have Canadian permanent residence or citizenship. You can NOT apply for residency training in Canada, unless you are citizen or permanent residence(PR). So first you must get PR.

Even then, the opportunities are VERY little. There is intense competition amongst IMGs to be able to get residency, so that they can practice as doctors in Canada.

You would be better off studying for USMLEs and try to go to the U.S.

THANKS... I saw that your status is medical student... Because my friend first did a fellow in Canada (he is Cardiologist) so, he could work in Canada, he was working in Quebec for almost 3 years...

THANKS... I saw that your status is medical student... Because my friend first did a fellow in Canada (he is Cardiologist) so, he could work in Canada, he was working in Quebec for almost 3 years...

Quebec is special, it is VERY different than the rest of Canada in its requirements. It is almost as if it is a separate state...in how it legislates etc.