Canadian AFK August 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maidendoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello . I've started this thread for anybody appearing for assessment of fundamental knowledge to be held in Aug 2015. Anybody who is just beginning to study like me, welcome. lets put our heads together and figure out how to study smart as the course is expansive!
Any tips from ppl who have cleared the exam earlier would be of great help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello . I've started this thread for anybody appearing for assessment of fundamental knowledge to be held in Aug 2015. Anybody who is just beginning to study like me, welcome. lets put our heads together and figure out how to study smart as the course is expansive!
Any tips from ppl who have cleared the exam earlier would be of great help!

Hi
there is already a thread here where they had discussed all the sample questions and I found it useful when preparing for my exam.
I read the NDEB Mosby books and the decks, then solve the sample questions given on website they are very useful.
hope it helps :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey! I'mysappearing for the AFK exam in August 2015 and wanted to discuss where I should start from and what to do/what not to do. Have you started preparing for it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, if anyone is interested in becoming my study partner for the assessment of fundamental knowledge exam August 2015, email me at [email protected]

start with the dental decks and then go through the questions bank released on the NDEB website.

Hi im preparing for aug 2015 ... You hv any material to start with

Hello everyone, I am also preparing for AFK 2015 Aug. I am studying dental decks now. Maybe we can build a group to help each other and solve the released questions together?! By the way, I am in Toronto.

Hello everyone, I am also preparing for AFK 2015 Aug. I am studying dental decks now. Maybe we can build a group to help each other and solve the released questions together?! By the way, I am in Toronto.

Hi I am interested in forming a study group. I passed the US part 1 and 2, but am clueless for the Canadian exam. I live in Brampton, let's see if we can study or atleast discuss together!

hi ,
i am also preparing for fk 2015 and i am located in toronto too.if you are interested in group study ,leave me a msg on my email id [email protected]

Hi, I am also interested in group study for AFK aug 2015, and I am so glad that I found sdn. I have passed the first part of dental exam in my home country 2 months ago but I have no clue on how to prepare for the AFK exam. Could anyone give me a guidance on how to prepare for the exam?
I have some questions that really needed to be answered. Which are the studying materials? Are Mosby's part I and II as well as dental decks part I and II a must have? How can we get the released AFK text questions? Are the answers released along with those questions or we need to find out by ourselves?
Please email me at [email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone has any idea on how are the tutorials provided for afk in DCCDS ? are they helpful or in anyways better than DSTC (Naresh) ?

anyone has any idea on how are the tutorials provided for afk in DCCDS ? are they helpful or in anyways better than DSTC (Naresh) ?

I haven't heard any good feedback for naresh.......no idea about DCCDS though.

i am writing the august 2015 exams also , please can anyone help with the process im still waiting for my confirmation, i had to resend transcripts because my university made a mistake with the first one, but they have not recdeived it on the site, it has not been updated and im worried

anybody interested for group study for afk 2015 in brampton?

are you preparing for this aug?you can contact me at [email protected]....we can discuss about the study group
Hi Preety!
I am in Brampton as well and currently preparing for the Aug 2015 exam. I am looking for a group study partner. Contact me if you'd like to set one up with me :)
Good luck!

Hi Preety!
I am in Brampton as well and currently preparing for the Aug 2015 exam. I am looking for a group study partner. Contact me if you'd like to set one up with me :)
Good luck!
how to contact you?you haven't provided any email.

Hey , can you tell me how to apply for the Canadian NDEB? I mean, I know HOW--but the website sort've confused me.

What documents must be submitted?
Fee for document submission?
Is AFK fee separate from the document submission fee?

Hey , can you tell me how to apply for the Canadian NDEB? I mean, I know HOW--but the website sort've confused me.

You start by making a profile online..I think it costs $800.00. The list of documents that you need to submit with be listed on your profile. Once you send those documents to NDEB from your university, it will take a few weeks/months to get approved. Once you are approved you can then register for an AFK assessment exam in August or Feb ..and that costs around $600.00

In addition to what the above person said. Make sure you send your degree completion form and transcripts from the university make sure the dates match what you have registered on your profile, mine got delayed cause of the datesmake sure your dental degree is notarized and then you need your identification. Your PR card etc

Hi, I m preparing for afk2016.anyone who is interested in forming a study group can contact me at [email protected] guidance from ppl who have cleared the exam will be highly appreciated :)

hi all, where is the AFK exam center in Toronto? is this a secret?

Hi I'm preparing for AFK in Edmonton. Are the decks ok to prepare for AFK? I don't know where to start.
Thank you