Can someone critique my OAT?

VoyAMatarTusOjos

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first post on here. I am the first in my family to go to college, so I know very little about applying to graduate programs and the sort. Can you guys critique my OAT and GPA and tell me if you think I have a chance of getting into a school? Thank you.

QR: 310 (57.0%)
RC: 350 (75.2%)
Bio: 360 (86.8%)
GChem: 400 (100%) (no idea how this happened...)
Ochem: 320 (68.6%)
Physics: 320 (81.5%)

TS: 350 (87.1%)
AA: 340 (84.1%)

My college GPA is a 3.220 and I am a physiology major. However, I have retaken 5 classes throughout my career. I feel like this is a huge downside to my application. I was too busy with work, extracurriculars to obtain the grades I wanted to the first time around...

I'm applying to IAUPR, MCPHS, Pacific University, Salus, and New England College of Optometry. I'm probably going to apply to other schools as well after my next paycheck comes in!

I have shadowed, worked in eye clinics, been a board member of optometry club at my college, and have TA'd for a microbiology class. I have experience as philanthropy chairman and president of my fraternity pledge class as well.

Do you guys think I have a shot of getting in? I'm scared the number of retakes I have taken might look bad in the eyes of schools, but my OAT score is decent, in my opinion.

I am also Mexican. I don't know if being a minority will help me or not...

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Unless you mess up your interview you have a pretty good shot of getting an acceptance. No one will be able to give you a straight answer except the admissions committee about what parts of your application are holding you back. Best bet is to wait and see if you get invitations to interview. If you don't hear back soon, I would contact the admissions office and see what's going on.

Should be a decent chance but of course it depends a lot on your personal statement and interviews as well. Just don't tell them "voy a matar tus ojos", lmao.

I am current student at Salus. Your application looks strong. Be sure to work on your personal statement and interview skills as mentioned above. Be sure you know what lessons you learned when you had to retake those classes. Above all be yourself, and you should do well.