Can locums cancel shifts last minute??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nope80

Resident
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is this allowed??

I have a contract with them stating I need to let them know 30 days in advance if I want to cancel. They just cancelled my shifts 1.5 weeks in advance even though I had confirmed months in advance saying that there was a miscommunication with the hospital (on behalf of the recruiter). What are our rights regarding this? I totally was relying on this salary.

Members don't see this ad.

Is this allowed??

I have a contract with them stating I need to let them know 30 days in advance if I want to cancel. They just cancelled my shifts 1.5 weeks in advance even though I had confirmed months in advance saying that there was a miscommunication with the hospital (on behalf of the recruiter). What are our rights regarding this? I totally was relying on this salary.

technically they have to give you 30 days to terminate your contract. You could ask your locums company to get you pay for the days that you were scheduled to work that come within the 30 days....this is , of course if there is no cause for the reason they are canceling your contract...do you know why? the shifts were cancelled?

Is this allowed??

What does your contract say? It should state how much notice each party must give the other before ending the contract?