Can I become an anesthesiologist if I have bad coordination and very undextrous hands.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Richanesthesiologist

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I really want to become an anesthesiologist. my only worry is my horrible coordination and lack of manual dexterity, which I rank in the bottom 10 percent of te gejeral population. for example, i suck at sports, always spill stuff, drop things, and can be very clumsy. My communication skills are also not great, but I would say they are about averwge.

Members don't see this ad.

Strong username to post content. Practice makes perfect. Have you drawn blood on classmates or had to find a vein for any reason? How did it go?

Is dexterity that important in anesthesiology? Don't know too much about the field but from what I've seen, the hands on part looks mostly like intubating and flipping a few switches

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well.. you won't need that much hand strength and coordination babysitting CRNAs... soooo.....

Nah. :)

That is... until one of them can't intubate or extubate properly and the patient has a laryngospasm and you can't properly oxygenate them and they are pretty much deteriorating ...