Can all schools see acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peoplecallmeyog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I haven't heard back from my top school yet, but have gotten interview offers from other schools. If I go to the interview and end up getting accepted, can I accept and pay the deposit and then essentially just give it up if I get into my top school? Or will all my other schools see that I accepted an offer and no longer invite me to interview? I thought I remembered reading something about this on PharmCAS but now I can't find it....any help would be appreciated! And good luck to everyone else going through the admissions process!

Members don't see this ad.

Schools do not communicate with each other. Go ahead and accept and pay the deposit if you wish. Just make sure to let the school know if you decide to go to another school. It happens all the time. Just make sure you inform them in a timely matter (not the day before school starts...)

Thanks so much @88888888, good to know I don't have to take a gamble by accepting and then still waiting for my top school! I was stressing! haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow..you can tag people in SDN now..? @peoplecallmeyog #Interesting

Be prepared to lose your deposit though. A few schools do return a portion though (maybe like 1/10 of it..?).

So I haven't heard back from my top school yet, but have gotten interview offers from other schools. If I go to the interview and end up getting accepted, can I accept and pay the deposit and then essentially just give it up if I get into my top school? Or will all my other schools see that I accepted an offer and no longer invite me to interview? I thought I remembered reading something about this on PharmCAS but now I can't find it....any help would be appreciated! And good luck to everyone else going through the admissions process!

As long as we are not talking about early decision, you may apply to as many schools as you like, and even accept as many seats as you like. Be aware that you will only be able to attend one pharmacy school (duh), and do not expect your deposit to be returned.

I think schools may know that you've been accepted to other programs after they accept you, if they participate in the Centralized Background Check (CBC). From what I assume, I think that after you get accepted from School B, they'll go ahead and proceed to do the CBC and if you already got the background check done for another school (School A), I think they are instantly notified (or notified on a timely manner) that it came back OK. This may or may not be true, but I have only paid and received 1 CBC request, so it's my assumption!

I don't think your top choice will know how many interviews you've received or how many acceptances you've had/taken, so it shouldn't hurt your chances. Especially since pharmacy schools are selling the 'We pick you as much as you pick us', so they understand it's a process of selection for everyone!

On a dynamic basis, PharmCAS institutions will receive reports regarding the number of offers of admission made and number of offers of admission accepted for those applicants the college or school shares with another PharmCAS institution. Your designated PharmCAS institutions will know how many offers of admission you have received and how many offers of admission you have accepted at other PharmCAS institutions. PharmCAS institutions will not know how many applications you have submitted. They will also not know whether you were denied admission to another pharmacy school or be informed of any other admission actions made by other PharmCAS institutions, except offers of admission made or accepted.

Straight from the PharmCAS site.
http://www.pharmcas.org/applicants/esubmit.htm

Reactions: 1 user