USMLE/COMLEX Can a computer Science major apply for MD program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deerjay

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm studying computer science in college. I was very passionate about programming and networking and computer architecture etc. When i got into college and sat in my first CS class, it was like a dream came true. i maintained good GPA (3.7 till now n just one more semester to go) but with the passage of time i'm finding lack of interest in programming stuff. Now i'm contemplating on becoming doctor n it seems very fascinating field. i really like serving people and helping them to get rid of their problems. I think that becoming a doctor would be great profession for me and really can excel in it.
Since i'm majoring in Computer Science in college and not doing any pre-medical program. I've taken a lots of maths and physics throughout my academic period. For chemistry n biology, i took in 10th standard not in high school. But i was good in that (not in biology) and really can do well in MCAT. So my question is, how hard MCAT is going to be for me? can i really apply for medical school? Can i become a doctor?

Members don't see this ad.