california state board veterinary exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

818src29

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm looking to take the California State Boards, and am having difficulties finding online review courses or proper study material for it. When I took the NAVLE (2 years ago) I used Zuku/Vet Prep and also attending a weekly online class for review and thought it really helped. I haven't been able to find any review classes, or produced material for revision. I have some of the previous tests people have talked about but I was wondering if there was anything else that people have used to prepare for this?
I also don't have the most up to date exams/study material so would be very appreciative to get that as well!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am planing to take BCSE test this year and start getting ready for NAVLE, do you mind telling me what king of weekly online class you took?

Hey 818,

I took and passed the CA boards in December. Send me your e-mail address and I can send you study material that has been accumulated generation after generation. I warn you, however, that it has a good number of errors.

The CA boards are quite simple. After the NAVLE and the ECFVG it was easy-peasy. I studied the day before and got 91/100 (they give you your score immediately, by the way)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am planing to take BCSE test this year and start getting ready for NAVLE, do you mind telling me what king of weekly online class you took?

Hi Gei,
I signed up for VIN under a student account and took a CE course for the NAVLE (for $50 I think). It was a weekly 2 hr course on a Sunday night that went on for 6 weeks or, each week covering a different category of animals (horse/ cow/ dog/ cat) that helped guide me for studying of that following week (then using Zuku/vetprep for that). While looking for board prep I've seen it there :)

I would love to have California state boards study material emailed to me, sent you a PM Dr NWS. I took NAVLE in November.

Thanks!

sent it, good luck!

if you took the navle that recently, you honestly don't need to study much.

Dr. NWS, I would much appreciate the CSB study guide if possible! Sent you a PM.

Thanks so much!

Hello forum Doctors, I am a Canadian Vet in the process of taking the California Board Exam and wondering if someone could please share the study material. I have been looking for the Board Exam Study Guide but cant find it anywhere.

I would also like to know if there is a chance to register for the exam, pay the fees without having a US social security number, which I don't have. I wouldn't like to pay the fees to find out later that SSN number is required and lose my money. This I am asking because I tried to get a Florida Vet license, but there is no way to register for the exam without the SSN.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Hello forum Doctors, I am a Canadian Vet in the process of taking the California Board Exam and wondering if someone could please share the study material. I have been looking for the Board Exam Study Guide but cant find it anywhere.

I would also like to know if there is a chance to register for the exam, pay the fees without having a US social security number, which I don't have. I wouldn't like to pay the fees to find out later that SSN number is required and lose my money. This I am asking because I tried to get a Florida Vet license, but there is no way to register for the exam without the SSN.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Hey Furgusonivy,

I replied to your PM. There is no official study guide for the CA boards. It's not like the BCSE or NAVLE that have their own prep programs. What I can send you is a compilation of notes, etc that have been accumulated over the years by different vets taking the CA boards. It is helpful, but if you took the NAVLE within the last 2-3 years, you would also be fine just reviewing your NAVLE notes, honestly. It's pretty standard stuff, except for the occasional CA-specific question.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey all,

I know that this thread is old, but I am also a Canada veterinarian looking for some material for the Californian State exam - I took the navles about a year ago and would definitely appreciate a refresher on information and some guidance!

I would appreciate any help with boards. I took them today and failed :(. I am not sure how to prepare better

Same - I have my boards coming up and would like to be prepared. Any information would help tremendously!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! If anyone has a study guide they'd like to share, please send it to me! Any help with this test would be greatly appreciated it.

Hey Furgusonivy,

I replied to your PM. There is no official study guide for the CA boards. It's not like the BCSE or NAVLE that have their own prep programs. What I can send you is a compilation of notes, etc that have been accumulated over the years by different vets taking the CA boards. It is helpful, but if you took the NAVLE within the last 2-3 years, you would also be fine just reviewing your NAVLE notes, honestly. It's pretty standard stuff, except for the occasional CA-specific question.

Hello, Dr. Would you mind send me the study guide for me please? I am planning on taking BCSE and I will really appreciate it. I don't know what to study for it. Thank you so much.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi could please send some study notes my way as well!
Hey Furgusonivy,

Is anyone able to send me any notes for the CA state board exam? I have family there, and am wanting to take the exam there when I graduate, that way I have all my bases covered

Hey 818,

I took and passed the CA boards in December. Send me your e-mail address and I can send you study material that has been accumulated generation after generation. I warn you, however, that it has a good number of errors.

The CA boards are quite simple. After the NAVLE and the ECFVG it was easy-peasy. I studied the day before and got 91/100 (they give you your score immediately, by the way)
Hey,
I am trying to prepare for BCSE. I would appreciate it if you can get me any materials that can help.

Thanks,
[email protected]m

Hey 818,

Hello there,
I am taking my exam in a few months. I was wondering if you can send me the study material for CA veterinary medical board exam. I appreciate your help in advance.
Dr..Anis

hello
I am trying to prepare for BCSE test. I would appreciate it if any one get me any study materials that can help. I don't have any idea what to study for it

Thanks

Hi there,

I hope I am not too late to this thread. I wrote my NAVLE about 1 year ago and now I am trying to relocate to California. I am trying to prepare for the CSB exam as well and would appreciate any study materials. Thanks for your help in advance!

Hey 818,

Hi there,

I am also looking for study material for the CA state boards, do you think you could send me your study material?? There is not a lot of study material online!! :(((

Hey 818,

Hello! Is there any chance you could send me those CA state boards notes as well? Thanks!

Hey 818,

Any chance I can get those notes too?

It would help me out greatly if you could send the CA state Board notes to me as well. Thanks in advance!!!

I’d really love any information or tips anyone has on the CA State Vet Exam please. I’ll have taken my NAVLE nearly a year prior to my state exam so I am a bit nervous I will be rusty.
Thanks so much in advance!

Hey 818,

Hello, if you could pass on this study material to me it would be greatly appreciated!

hello,

I plan to take the exam next month some time. Could someone also pass along some study materials to me as well?
Thank you so much!

Hi, was wondering if anyone would not mind sending me info on the CA boards. Taking it in July. Thank you

I would also appreciate if the study materials could be sent to my e-mail: ampike92@gmail. Thank you!

Hey 818,

Dr. NWS,

I am new to SDN and am looking for resources to prepare for CA State Board, I’ve recently passed my NAVLE last January 2019 and hope to prepare for the next steps which is CPE and the local CA State Board. If you can help to share resources I’ll greatly appreciate it. thanks

Dr. NWS,

I am new to SDN and am looking for resources to prepare for CA State Board, I’ve recently passed my NAVLE last January 2019 and hope to prepare for the next steps which is CPE and the local CA State Board. If you can help to share resources I’ll greatly appreciate it. thanks

Have you had any luck obtaining study material for California?

Hey 818,

Hi Doctors,

If any of you are still active in this network on 2019, I am kindly reaching out to you to help sharing any study guide/notes you may have for the California vet boards exam, or advise me whether going through VetPrep should be plenty. I have taken the NAVLE and ECVFG but I really don't do any small animals. Thanks a lot!

Hi,

Hoping someone can help as really struggling to find any information online! I graduated in the United Kingdom and have completed step 3 of the ECFVG. When checking the documents on the California vet medical board, it seems to be the case that you can only get a license if you have worked in another state prior to being able to apply for a license? Is this correct? I’m really hoping not as had plans to work there initially once I had completed the CPE/state exams :( has anyone been in this situation? Thanks!

Hello everybody!

I am also hoping there is still activity here. I am taking the California board exam soon and hoping someone can pass on study materials!

Hey 818,

Has anyone had any luck getting study materials for the CA state board exam? Would love to have materials to study if someone can send them to me...

Is help still available? I’ll be taking it in a few months and would love some study material. Thanks in advance

Me too!! If anyone has any study materials could you please send me a copy too? Thank you!

Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll hook yall up

Hi everyone. Any advice on how to study for the CA boards? I'm taking mine two weeks after I take the NAVLE. I've heard conflicting advice on how best to study. Some say studying for the NAVLE is enough, while others say it didn't help at all.

Quick question, can we apply to take the CSB before we have our NAVLE results? I am an out of state applicant. But on the BreEZe it looks like I need my NAVLE passing document to finish my examination application. Also if anyone still has the CSB study packet I would really appreciate it! Thanks :)

Quick question, can we apply to take the CSB before we have our NAVLE results? I am an out of state applicant. But on the BreEZe it looks like I need my NAVLE passing document to finish my examination application. Also if anyone still has the CSB study packet I would really appreciate it! Thanks :)
I believe you can as long as you are within 8 months from graduating. Just make sure you are filling out the correct application. The wording on the application is very confusing! Make sure there are places in your state that will take your fingerprint digitally (I believe the name of the specific facility should be somewhere in the application). If there is one near you, then I would put "no" for the question that they ask for sending you a physical card for fingerprinting (I heard this delays the process). Just make sure to have your fingerprint scanned well before you graduate (doesn't have to be before the exam) so they can give you your license before you start practicing. Also be sure to attach the photo they asked for. Additionally, it took them around 6 weeks total to process my application, so you may be in for a long wait before you can schedule your test!

Hi! Im joining this thread in the hopes to get some study material and maybe exam sample questions also!
I would love some help... its been a while since my NAVLE exam.

[email protected]

Th

Hi there, I am also hoping for some help with study guides for the CSB, if anyone is still offering!

Hi, if anyone is willing to share study guides for the CSB it would be much appreciated!

I'm also looking for study guides for the CSB. If anyone is willing share them, I will be forever grateful!

Hi! I am also looking for any study guides or other helpful information for the CSB. Thank you! :)