California Northstate College of Pharmacy entering Fall 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Belinnaa

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Did my interview already and today I got an email from Background check that says "...you have been conditionaly accepted to one of the school...make a consent..." has anyone got this email? am I expected to do the consent without getting official acceptance email form the school? Anyone? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on your acceptance! That was such a quick acceptance... Would you mind sharing how did the interview go? Are they switching over to the multiple mini interview format for this year?

Hey Guys! Did my interview already and today I got an email from Background check that says "...you have been conditionaly accepted to one of the school...make a consent..." has anyone got this email? am I expected to do the consent without getting official acceptance email form the school? Anyone? :)
Do you mind sharing your status?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted as well. My stats are:
Overall GPA: 3.42
Science GPA: 3.39
I have four letter of recs - 3 from science professors and 1 from pharmacist
Congrats!
I do not have a B.S. form an american university. My science GPA: 3.65 and non-science GPA:3.85. My rec. letters is exactly like yours. And I have some experience in pharmacy. Do you think I have any chance to get in?

Congrats on your acceptance! That was such a quick acceptance... Would you mind sharing how did the interview go? Are they switching over to the multiple mini interview format for this year?
Hey!
Here is my stats
Overall GPA -3.5
80% PCAT(but it doesn't matter lol cuz its not required)
3+ years of pharmacy experience
A lot of hospital/retail pharmacy volunteer positions
4 strong recommendation letters
So the interview process involves intro part where they talk about the school and the learning style,then some group game that highlights how the school is based on "team" effort...well there is also a timed essay session.To be honest the actual interview is very short like 20min I would say.Finally you get to have mini talks with he faculity during lunch. Well if you already applied...with your states I am pretty sure they will send you interview invite! Good Luck, welcoming any questions you might have!!!

I got accepted as well. My stats are:
Overall GPA: 3.42
Science GPA: 3.39
I have four letter of recs - 3 from science professors and 1 from pharmacist
were you in the 9/30 interview tier? I still haven't confirmed my acceptance yet...o_O

were you in the 9/30 interview tier? I still haven't confirmed my acceptance yet...o_O

I was at the 10/07 interview. I'm trying to hold it out for a bit longer since I want to hear back from Pacific Oregon and another interview at WSU this Friday.. Lol.

Tuition for this school is ridiculously expensive.

I was at the 10/07 interview. I'm trying to hold it out for a bit longer since I want to hear back from Pacific Oregon and another interview at WSU this Friday.. Lol.

Tuition for this school is ridiculously expensive.
Haha I know..I just got interview invite from Roseman...let see :shifty: 50k for 3yrs is fine by me

Haha I know..I just got interview invite from Roseman...let see :shifty: 50k for 3yrs is fine by me

I know haha. I got a phone call acceptance to pacific Oregon today so I think I will be declining the acceptance for this school.

I know haha. I got a phone call acceptance to pacific Oregon today so I think I will be declining the acceptance for this school.
Congratsss....whats their tuition per yr?

It's ~45k for 3 years. Pretty reasonable I think haha
yeah that sounds fair!! You are lucky, u already know where your near future is lol
I will be having interview with Roseman soon..theirs is 50k/3yrs and I don't have to take anymore classes for this school

yeah that sounds fair!! You are lucky, u already know where your near future is lol
I will be having interview with Roseman soon..theirs is 50k/3yrs and I don't have to take anymore classes for this school

Good luck on your interview at Roseman! I hope it goes well! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone!
Do you guys know if you are not selected to the interview, will they send you an email? because I submitted my application on Nov 17 but have not hear anythings from them( except an email telling me that they received my application and will be reviewed it). Thank you so muchhhho

Hey!
Here is my stats
Overall GPA -3.5
80% PCAT(but it doesn't matter lol cuz its not required)
3+ years of pharmacy experience
A lot of hospital/retail pharmacy volunteer positions
4 strong recommendation letters
So the interview process involves intro part where they talk about the school and the learning style,then some group game that highlights how the school is based on "team" effort...well there is also a timed essay session.To be honest the actual interview is very short like 20min I would say.Finally you get to have mini talks with he faculity during lunch. Well if you already applied...with your states I am pretty sure they will send you interview invite! Good Luck, welcoming any questions you might have!!!
Hi i got interview in January, do you mind sharing with me questions they asked and what was timed essay was for? how much time they give you? i also send you in private message you can reply here or there. please let me know

Reactions: 1 user
i got accepted into this class a few days after interviewing. I was actually very surprised at how fast they considered me considering my unimpressive stats...

My student profile:
Overall GPA: 2.63
PCAT: 80th percentile
half a year of volunteering in a community pharmacy
half a year of part time work as a doctor's assistant
four letters of recommendation, all from professionals or professors

still, i'm just worried about the cost of attendance and the worrying outlook for Pharmacist jobs in the future... something like 20%+ unemployment by 2020...

i got accepted into this class a few days after interviewing. I was actually very surprised at how fast they considered me considering my unimpressive stats...

If you think it's too good to be true that you got accepted so quickly then you're absolutely right.

My student profile:
Overall GPA: 2.63
PCAT: 80th percentile
half a year of volunteering in a community pharmacy
half a year of part time work as a doctor's assistant
four letters of recommendation, all from professionals or professors

still, i'm just worried about the cost of attendance and the worrying outlook for Pharmacist jobs in the future... something like 20%+ unemployment by 2020...
The outlook is bad bc schools like Northstate accept garbage applicants with 2.63 gpas