Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did he mention when they would send out those acceptances?
He said they would be going out this week!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call just now that I was pulled and I accepted. I was given 24 hours to accept, maybe because I already paid the $3k deposit. Good luck everyone! Hope to see you soon.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone accepted! Hoping to have my name called soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Where do you go to pay the deposit? It's not on the BCOM portal.
I paid mine by mailing a personal check via certified mail with the USPS. If you want to pay via credit card, I think you have to call them. I remember Adrian telling me that there is an extra $79.50 charged by the CC company. I wanted to avoid that.

Does anybody know how many people are left on the DA list?

Hey guys quick question from a 17-18 applicant. I'm interviewing here in August and wanted to know if anyone who's currently waiting to hear back has been waiting since august. Would BCOM keep someone on the waitlist that long?

Hey guys quick question from a 17-18 applicant. I'm interviewing here in August and wanted to know if anyone who's currently waiting to hear back has been waiting since august. Would BCOM keep someone on the waitlist that long?
Yes almost all schools keep the waitlist active all the way until the white coat ceremony. With that being said, if you're really low on the waitlist they may release you when it gets closer. I know some already got released for this year.

Yes almost all schools keep the waitlist active all the way until the white coat ceremony. With that being said, if you're really low on the waitlist they may release you when it gets closer. I know some already got released for this year.
Damn that's brutal. Such a long wait time. Thanks for the reply!

Anyone else got off the DA list this week?

I'm confused. I am still on the DA list and haven't received a call or email yet. Is there anyone else in the same situation?

I'm confused. I am still on the DA list and haven't received a call or email yet. Is there anyone else in the same situation?
Don't worry, I just talked to Adrian and he said there are still 12 people on the DA. The girl that said she got pulled off the waitlist meant the DA:)

Don't worry, I just talked to Adrian and he said there are still 12 people on the DA. The girl that said she got pulled off the waitlist meant the DA:)
Thanks for the update...Adrian is still at the office? Isn't it 8:30 pm in NM right now?

Haha sorry. I just meant I talked to him today! But yes it is.
thanks for the update. did he say when the next batch of acceptances are going out and how many? did he mention how many spots are open currently if any?

thanks for the update. did he say when the next batch of acceptances are going out and how many? did he mention how many spots are open currently if any?
No sorry but I didn't ask him all that. I usually talk to him once every week or two so if I get an update I'll post.

Wow, they start way after the rest of the schools... so there is still some hope for us I guess.

There's still hope, I'll be giving up my seat on Monday. Hope someone good gets it!