Brookdale Hospital Housing and Looking for Roomate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorthernSurgeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be doing my residency at Brookdale Hospital (Brooklyn, NY) beginning June. Is anyone looking for a roomate or have suggestions on where to live? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Bump.. no-one goes to Brookdale or is about to start residency there or knows anyone who is going there??

Members don't see this ad :)
Did a bunch of rotations there as a med student. So first off let me say from the bottom of my heart, may god have mercy on your soul.

As far as housing, some of the residents live in the apartment complex directly across from the hospital. Otherwise, you don't want to live anywhere near the hospital. Brownsville is one of the most impoverished and violent parts of NYC. I would look for housing in some of the nicer areas of Brooklyn and plan to have a ~20-30 minute commute.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a room quiet area a 30 min bus ride away. Or my sis has a room or two about 4.5 blocks, walking distance away. Any hospital is a challenge. It's great to do rotations in different areas to not only get work experience but to be exposed to different cultures. Either way. All the best to you. You'll be fine.

Last edited:
I will be doing my residency at Brookdale Hospital (Brooklyn, NY) beginning June. Is anyone looking for a roomate or have suggestions on where to live? Thank you.

I am also starting residency in Brookdale hospital from june and I am looking for housing as well. We can have a chat if you are interested.