BOLC Reserve Component (ARNG)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RDC12304

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - I wasn't able to find a concrete answer.

What are the current BOLC requirements for those accepting a direct commission in the ARNG?
Not sure there's a distinction, but this wouldn't be MDSSP or STRAP, it'd be for a practicing/attending physician.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry if this has been answered elsewhere - I wasn't able to find a concrete answer.

What are the current BOLC requirements for those accepting a direct commission in the ARNG?
Not sure there's a distinction, but this wouldn't be MDSSP or STRAP, it'd be for a practicing/attending physician.

Thanks
Yoy will do the new 2-3 wk course they added to the process, an 80hr online death by power point nuisance and then the bolc short course for about a month.

What do you mean by requirements?

Yoy will do the new 2-3 wk course they added to the process, an 80hr online death by power point nuisance and then the bolc short course for about a month.

What do you mean by requirements?

Just what you answered, time commitment.

Did the change to include the pre-BOLC provide any guidance about who might be exempted from the pre-BOLC? ROTC, prior service, etc. Haven't been able to find the memorandum.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just what you answered, time commitment.

Did the change to include the pre-BOLC provide any guidance about who might be exempted from the pre-BOLC? ROTC, prior service, etc. Haven't been able to find the memorandum.
I don't know that part, sorry

The pre-BOLC you are asking about (formerly BOLC-A) is going to be the Direct Commission Course. The guidance that you are looking for hasn't been published yet. The Army (HQDA Training Directorate (DAMO-TRI)) had a draft late last FY outlining who would be exempt and/or who would be "gradfathered". There were a couple of sticking points while the memo was being staffed and we are all waiting further guidance.

The Army Regulation 350-1 Chapter 3, para 3-27 c. reads:

(1) Army Medical Department. All AMEDD officers will attend the AMEDD Officer Basic Course which is BOLC-B for the AMEDD. AMEDD RC officers will attend the AMEDD RC BOLC-B and will integrate with the AMEDD RA BOLC-B during their FTX phase. Attendance at the AMEDD RC BOLC-B will occur after completion of the AMEDD RC BOLC-B Phase 1 DL.

(a) AMEDD Direct Commissioned Officers are officers without ROTC, OCS, USMA, NGB OCS or WOCS experience to include officers with enlisted Basic Combat Training, and officers with pre-commissioning training from sister services (USAF, USN, etc.).

(b) Effective 1 October 2017, all direct commissioned AMEDD officers assessed into the U.S. Army will attend the AMEDD Direct Commissioned Course (DCC) conducted at Fort Sill, OK. All AMEDD direct commissioned officers must attend the AMEDD DCC prior to attendance of BOLC-B. (c) AMEDD direct commissioned officers assessed into the U.S. Army prior to 30 September 2017 will only be required to attend BOLC-B and will be grandfathered for the AMEDD DCC requirement.

(d) All AMEDD direct commissioned officers of all components will attend the four week AMEDD DCC. The only exception are ARNG and USAR Medical Corps, Dental corps, and Veterinarian corps officers who will attend the three week AMEDD DCC.

(e) The waiver / exception to policy approval authority for AMEDD DCC attendance is the HQDA G-3/5/7. This authority may be further delegated to the appropriate directorate or division overseeing officer training.

I am wondering about the online DL, phase 1 of BOLC. Self-paced? Can it be completed immediately after DCC and prior to BOLC-B?

I am wondering about the online DL, phase 1 of BOLC. Self-paced? Can it be completed immediately after DCC and prior to BOLC-B?

I was under the impression that DCC will be a replacement to the Phase 1 of BOLC for direct commissioning, but I could be wrong.