bodybuilding and surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cage92

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think it is a bad question but does doing bodybuilding have effect on hands like tremor?

Members don't see this ad.

Anything done in moderation is compatible with surgery. I am a reformed meathead, and I can confirm that really heavy lifting days could affect your performance, whether it was hand fatigue or leg fatigue in the long OR cases. However, that's only when you're pushing yourself to the limit everyday. Otherwise, exercise is a great idea, and can be cathartic during a tough surgical residency.

Reactions: 1 users
I rock climb 3-4 days a week for about 2 hours at a time. I just signed up for a 24 hour endurance rock climb for the second year in a row. I can't go nuts in any particular session if I'm going to possibly be operating the next day because my dexterity will suffer, but it is definitely doable.

Members don't see this ad :)
@The Buff OP yes i am doing but slightly
TBH I would just become a moderate lifter when I reach my dream. I have this one pain on my wrist right now because of benching and if I was a surgeon at this moment I would not be able to operate comfortably.

Everything for the gainz bruh. Just don't do forearms the morning before your aneurysm cases.
But I need to start of my day with a lil forearm workout. ;) lol

8ea.jpg

A recent meta-analysis shows that, in fact, you don't even lift bruh

Bro, that meta-analysis was seriously biased, as it focused on my toothpick legs and not my massive guns.

I would lift more often, but I find that there's simply not enough weights in the weight room....

Bro, that meta-analysis was seriously biased, as it focused on my toothpick legs and not my massive guns.

1399658524740.png

I would lift more often, but I find that there's simply not enough weights in the weight room....

Get out of the cardio bunnies' aerobics studio where the pink 5 lbs weights are the max. Come to the hurt locker with the 200 lbs dumbells.