Board pass rates at CSPM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pakman5391

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have noticed that the pass rates at CSPM is lower than the other podiatry schools. Is there a reason? Should I be worried? I was accepted at Scholl, CSPM and wait listed at Midwestern. CSPM was my number one choice, but their pass rates are just iffy.

Members don't see this ad.

I know I'm waking up an old thread but I'd like to know this as well. Pakman did you decide to go with CSPM? Maybe because students have no time to study for boards because they start the clinic in year two...

Members don't see this ad :)
OP never logged back on since posting the question

Kind of wish anyone that goes to or graduated from CSPM would like to chime in. But this is a pre-pod forum so probably not

Reactions: 1 user
I think there was plenty of time to study. Board studying is all about time management. I know that there have been some changes to the curriculum to allow for more study time for the upcoming classes. We'll have to see if it changes the pass rate.

FWIW... Board pass rates don't matter all that much IMO. The AACPM (I think they are the providers?) are crystal clear about the contents of the exam. I take issue with the test administration system-the fact that every student receives a different exam and different range of material covered.

But consider it this way... If a school has a 97% pass rate, and you're one of the 3% that does NOT pass... How much do you care that 97% of your class did? You probably won't think "oh well I didn't pass but at least 97% of my class did, that's got to count for something". Not for you it doesn't.

The pass rates don't matter if you're the one who doesn't pass.

But consider it this way... If a school has a 97% pass rate, and you're one of the 3% that does NOT pass... How much do you care that 97% of your class did? You probably won't think "oh well I didn't pass but at least 97% of my class did, that's got to count for something". Not for you it doesn't.

The pass rates don't matter if you're the one who doesn't pass.
Yes but the numbers tend to show which schools prepare more efficiently. If a school had a 50% pass rate I would definitely not want to go.. So the pass rates definitely matter to an extent. Yes its on everyone to personally make sure they pass, however the pass rate is an important number to look at when evaluating which school you want to go to.

I think a more important factor than pass rates is the time allotted for board prep by the school.