Blogging through vet school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missnashvilletime

CSU c/o 2021
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some of my friends and I are trying to blog through school. We'd like to get people from different schools in one place so pre-vet students can get a candid look at several schools in one place.

Do you guys think this would be helpful?
Any specific topics you'd like us to touch on?
And if anyone else is interested in representing your school, let me know.

So far we have University of MN,so
Ohio State, CSU, TX A&M and one SGU student.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Awesome! If they're interested in joining or even just guest spotting that would be awesome! We are thinking about a vlog as well; but I'm going to be a first year so idk if that might be too ambitious lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've actually thought about doing this myself. I'd be interested in joining you all!

Awesome! If they're interested in joining or even just guest spotting that would be awesome! We are thinking about a vlog as well; but I'm going to be a first year so idk if that might be too ambitious lol.
I'll think about it hahaa. I'll be a first year at OKState... so I'll get back to you hahahaha.

I did it. I was really good about posting at first and tapered off towards the end. 4th year is really hard because you don't really have a life to talk about and you have all the confidentiality of patients.

Reactions: 3 users
I did it. I was really good about posting at first and tapered off towards the end. 4th year is really hard because you don't really have a life to talk about and you have all the confidentiality of patients.

Did you make money from blogging as well?

I would be interested in joining in from RVC. I'll be a first year in the accelerated program in the fall!

I got an email a few weeks ago about being paid to blog about my vet school experience. I want to say it was from the AVMA? I can't remember now (midterms brain), but it seemed to be an email sent out en-mass to veterinary students...maybe someone else on here got it and remembers.

I got an email a few weeks ago about being paid to blog about my vet school experience. I want to say it was from the AVMA? I can't remember now (midterms brain), but it seemed to be an email sent out en-mass to veterinary students...maybe someone else on here got it and remembers.

I would definitely do that for some extra grocery money.

No, mainly it was for family and friends that I knew would want to know why I can't ever go do anything cause I'm too busy to see them.

Reactions: 1 users
No, mainly it was for family and friends that I knew would want to know why I can't ever go do anything cause I'm too busy to see them.
Oooh that might be a good idea! I have psycho very enthusiastic family that I need a way to satisfy them so I don't get a million phone calls asking about vet school.

I'm interested in how a blog of this size woth this many schools would work! But I'm interested in learning more (would be for an upcoming Oklahoma State first year- c/o 2021)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the tag, cdo. Yeah, Nessy and I are working on something sort of similar. We're getting started on a regular vet school vlog about our experiences, but I don't know that it will fit within your idea as ours has kind of evolved into something bigger now completely by accident haha. For those who remember the last thread, we have finally hashed things out with our school in regards to what we can and cannot film/discuss and they actually are going to plan to use our vlog as part of the PR for the school, put us on the website, the whole shebang which is pretty awesome. And we actually may have gotten permission to film things like a tour, which is usually social-media-off-limits! Basically, we are going to have our own youtube channel/Facebook presence. However, I'm sure we'd have no issues if you wanted to link to our content to be a part of your project, we just wouldn't be able to use that as our platform if that makes sense?

Also, on a somewhat-related note... Anyone got any amazing ideas for a vet vlog/blog? Nessy and I are trying hard to name our project now that we have the stamp of approval. Trying to find something around our class animal maybe (Armadillo) so our followers can be the Armadillo Army. Hahaha. Cookies to anyone with amazing suggestions!

Reactions: 2 users
This sounds pretty cool! I'm interested to see how this works. :D

I'm really exited to hear of the interest.
I'm also totally fine linking to content, I just think when I was researching schools it would've been cool to hear from students from multiple schools in one place.

Basically I'm thinking if we could have some people posting once or twice a month per school represented and it will probably mostly be whatever topic or experiences you'd like to talk about with some prompts throughout the year to compare or talk about your school specifically and what makes it unique. I think there will be a couple collaborative posts about stuff like advice for getting in, how to seek out experience, etc for the pre-vet students.

Unfortunately we can't pay bloggers and this would be more for fun and so our families could follow us through to an extent.

I'd like to have guest spots for people who don't want to blog consistently but feel like they have relevant material to add once in awhile.

This is all still very much in development but we'd like to get up and running over the summer :)

Reactions: 1 users
Oh and anyone interested in joining just message me! I'll need an email address to add you to the blog, we also are starting a Facebook page :)

More to add, for those who already habe blogs or want the independence it has been suggested that we could all correspond on some topics and link to other blogs, which was basically my idea for guest spots but that will also allow collaboration without much constraint :)

More to add, for those who already habe blogs or want the independence it has been suggested that we could all correspond on some topics and link to other blogs, which was basically my idea for guest spots but that will also allow collaboration without much constraint :)
I like this idea! It keeps blogs from being almost "overrun" with too many authors! This idea of almost like a network would allow for some really cool ideas/ collaborations!

I would definitely be interested in doing this as well when I attend SGU next year! I've seen a handful of blogs from past students as well and it has really helped me with my decision. I'd like to think I could help others the same way

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'd also be interested in participating in this! I'm curious though, would we all need to use the same blog platform? From my understanding so far sounds like it would be more of a network of bloggers who all get linked to from one site/blog, so it so it doesn't sound like it would matter if everyone used the same platform, right?

For people who don't want to upkeep their own blog, or just want to collaborate on some stuff published on our blog I can add you to the one we have started.

But for anyone else, who want to keep their own blog and collaborate on certain topics it shouldn't matter what platform you use as we will just be linking to it. :)

For those who want to be part of the existing blog just message me! And I'll probably start a group message for everyone after finals to discuss collaborative topics.

Interested in doing this as well- Actually was already planning to do something of the sort! I will be a first year at Kansas.

Some collaborative topics we've thought of so far is: tips for getting in, short overview of the schools, and ways to help ease the debt load/debt load in general.

Any other ideas are appreciated :)

I'd potentially be interested, I'll be a first year at Cornell. Slightly older student who's had some back and forth with the field.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'd be interested in doing this, as well. I was planning on doing it regardless, so I'd be happy to be linked up with you guys and collaborate whenever.

I'd be interested in doing this, as well. I was planning on doing it regardless, so I'd be happy to be linked up with you guys and collaborate whenever.
Would you want to be on the existing blog or just collaborate and have us link to yours?

Would you want to be on the existing blog or just collaborate and have us link to yours?

I'll probably just collaborate. I don't have mine set up yet, but after finals are over I'll probably start looking into it since I can make a post or two about the acceptance process and preparation before I actually go

I'll want to collaborate! I don't have a blog setup yet but I was planning on it :)

I was thinking about blogging through school too, but I don't have one set up yet. I'd be interested in collaborating with you guys!