Biracial and confused

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTinthemaking15

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been debated and talked about multiple times on this thread, but I can never find a post that helps. Here is my situation... I am biracial (mom is white and dad is black). Filling out standardized test in middle school was beyond confusing. There were no "check both boxes," but I had to choose one or the other. I remember coming home and asking my mom which to bubble in and she told me "AA." So my entire life I always filled in AA because it felt right, but I noticed AMCAS and AACOMAS allows you to list both. What do I do? Heck, my birth certificate is confusing too, because my ethnicity is listed as "X." Anyways, the reason I am asking this is during my interview I don't want to throw anyone off. I went to a predominantly white school (I was the only black kid :whoa:) and now I attend a HBC. It has been an interesting journey, but I figured someone would have an answer. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Just check both. Regardless of what you consider yourself (at one point above you said 'I was the only black kid at school') you are of both races and the schools will take that into consideration. Don't let those elementary school boxes define your whole life ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Just check both. Regardless of what you consider yourself (at one point above you said 'I was the only black kid at school') you are of both races and the schools will take that into consideration. Don't let those elementary school boxes define your whole life ;)
Haha thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree. However you self identify

check however the police identify you.....lol kidding (or am i?)

Reactions: 3 users