Biochemistry Vs Human Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chiralola

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Trying to build my schedule for next semester. Plan on taking DAT afterwards. Which class will be more beneficial for the DAT- Biochem or human phys?

Members don't see this ad.

Im currently taking both courses and took my DAT two weeks ago. Both of them are good and will help you on the DAT but I don't think that any of those courses will make or break your preparation. Biochemistry might help you on both biology and organic chemistry while physiology will help you on biology.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd go with human physiology. Most of the biochemistry that's covered on the DAT is incredibly basic stuff that review material will cover more than adequately in proper depth, whereas human physiology tends to get a lot less detailed coverage.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Feralis! I took human phys the semester before I took the DAT and it was extremely helpful when I reviewed the physiology portion of biology.
The biochem portion is easier to learn without taking a class.

I wouldn't take both classes if I were you since you'll be having a study semester. It is easier to juggle a lighter load while studying for the DAT.

I vote Physiology. I can't think of anything on my exam that I saw and went "Oh, biochemistry!" whereas I certainly had things that were directly from Physiology.

Trying to build my schedule for next semester. Plan on taking DAT afterwards. Which class will be more beneficial for the DAT- Biochem or human phys?

human physiology 100%.

Biochem in DAT is equal to AP biology level (very simple).

Physiology is a much larger part of DAT than biochem and will also serve you well in dental school