Best way to find Docs to shadow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuddlyKumquat

simply scrumpcious
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to shadow some doctors while I take a year off...whats the best way to contact and find a doctor to shadow? I tried to this year, and it was such a pain in the butt since no one seems to be interested. Is there a better way???

Members don't see this ad.

CuddlyKumquat said:
I want to shadow some doctors while I take a year off...whats the best way to contact and find a doctor to shadow? I tried to this year, and it was such a pain in the butt since no one seems to be interested. Is there a better way???

Go to the volunteer dept. of the hospital that way you can build rapport with some of the docs and then maybe get to see some of their works. Besides most hospitals will not say no to volunteers and a lot of them give free food to volunteers and I think free parking to ( just in case you are interested in the those things) Hope this helps.

ha youd be suprised nne in my home town both the major hospitals wont let college volunteers come on, I just need something for this summer I cant take classes so I ono wat to do also!