Best Underserved Training?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Sandman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any FM programs that are specifically geared to training in underserved populations? I'm looking at either IM or FM programs that are focused on this...

Members don't see this ad.

Most FM programs I've ever seen that did most of their works at a county hospital whether it be rural or urban were very geared towards underserved populations.

I know in my time at Texas Tech University in Lubbock, TX rural medicine was a big emphasis and lots of the residents still moonlight in rural communities for the underserved.

Are there any FM programs that are specifically geared to training in underserved populations? I'm looking at either IM or FM programs that are focused on this...

Beth Israel in New York City, Lawrence Family Medicine in Lawrence MA, Montefiore in NYC.

Members don't see this ad :)
Loyola/Stroger/Provident (though they are mostly leaving Provident, as it's becoming basically an enormous urgent care) formerly known as Cook County Hospital in Chicago is the one that stands out from the programs where I have interviewed.

Clue me in. What is the special sauce added to training labeled as "underserved"?